Steve Hackett- The Tokyo Tapes

The Owl

Has anyone listened to this amazing live CD? A live album from a Steve Hackett solo show, but the lineup he had included Ian McDonald (King Crimson), and John Wetton on vocals (also of King Crimson and Asia)...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9b/TheTokyoTapes.jpg

The Setlist is Amazing, a mix of mainly Steve Hackett solo material, as well as Genesis songs, King Crimson songs, and even an Asia song......

This is a must listen for anyone who has not heard this.

I love this album. The band sounds great and there are some fantastic moments with Wetton singing some of the old tunes. His was my favorite voice from 70s prog.

It is great indeed. However, I don't like how Chester plays In The Court Of The Crimson King. In fact, he makes a mistake somewhere on it. I can't remember where. It sounds like he had just learned it. Chester is great on everything else though. I kind of wish Michael Giles had done this show with them. Or perhaps Michael on some of it and Chester on some of it.

Michael and Steve were supposed to have been working together some years ago.

I still think they should form a band with Steve Hackett, Michael Giles, Greg Lake and Ian McDonald. Fripp does not want to do it, so they should. Would be an awesome band.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jan 7 2011, 07:50 PM)
It is great indeed. However, I don't like how Chester plays In The Court Of The Crimson King. In fact, he makes a mistake somewhere on it. I can't remember where. It sounds like he had just learned it. Chester is great on everything else though. I kind of wish Michael Giles had done this show with them. Or perhaps Michael on some of it and Chester on some of it.

Michael and Steve were supposed to have been working together some years ago.

I still think they should form a band with Steve Hackett, Michael Giles, Greg Lake and Ian McDonald. Fripp does not want to do it, so they should. Would be an awesome band.

I will have to go back and check that out. I heard that Hackett is working on something with Chris Squire. Don't know what to think of this, though.

Archived