Little Shop of Horrors vs Rocky Horror

The Owl

Which Musical Comedy is Better  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which Musical Comedy is Better

• Little Shop of Horrors
    • The Rocky Horror Picture Show

I love both these films, and I've watched them both within the last couple of months or so... but which one is better?

Both films were developed from Stage Musicals, and both were developed into cult classic flims..

Hard to pick......... Both have amazing, memorable songs....

Ill have to go with the superior cast here... All Rock Horror had going for it was Tim Curry and Richard O'Brien (who wrote the Rocky Horror songs).... but Rick Moranius and Steve Martin trump that... along with a superior story..

Little Shop gets my vote

Saw the original musical off-Broadway in '83? maybe. Very, very funny with a great satire of the late-50s throughout that didn't come convey as well in the movie.

At the end of the play, plant vines dropped out of the ceiling and onto the laps of everyone in the audience. Great stuff.

Tough to pick. I'm tempted to go "Rocky Horror" the whole way, but "Little Shop" has its good stuff, too. "Suddenly Seymour" is such a great song... and Ellen Green (in the movie) belted it out with amazing pipes. I was like "Whoa! That woman can sing!" But overall, the tunes are better in "Rocky Horror" and there's more of them.