And the first pick in the NFL Draft is...

kazzman

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 23 2005, 06:57 PM)
Niners need a guy who can play right away at QB so I hope Smith is the one. I was kinda hoping for Rodgers but to see if it was the wrong choice remains to be seen...

Don't feel bad. The Browns are my team and they need everything. laugh.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Apr 23 2005, 11:01 PM)
Niners  need a guy who can play right away at QB so I hope Smith is the one.  I was kinda hoping for Rodgers but to see if it was the wrong choice remains to be seen...

Well Brownies got a great pick in Braylon Edwards...very talented receiver...Apparently a lot of people thought he was best player in this year's draft.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 23 2005, 11:41 PM)
Niners need a guy who can play right away at QB so I hope Smith is the one. I was kinda hoping for Rodgers but to see if it was the wrong choice remains to be seen...

Well Brownies got a great pick in Braylon Edwards...very talented receiver...Apparently a lot of people thought he was best player in this year's draft.

Good point. However, a receiver won't do anything if our QB doesn't have anytime to throw the ball. That's been the problem ever since they came back. Their offensive line is just horrible. I think Tim Couch would have been an excellent QB if he got a decent chance. If we don't get some good offensive linemen, I think you'll be seeing a repeat of last years pathetic season.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Apr 24 2005, 12:13 AM)

Good point. However, a receiver won't do anything if our QB doesn't have anytime to throw the ball. That's been the problem ever since they came back. Their offensive line is just horrible. I think Tim Couch would have been an excellent QB if he got a decent chance. If we don't get some good offensive linemen, I think you'll be seeing a repeat of last years pathetic season.

That's where we got ya beat tongue.gif With 2nd pick Niners pick OG David Baas....could've been a late first round pick but was available at start of 2nd round so niners nabbed him..pretty good credentials

http://www.sf49ers.com/newsroom/DisplayNews.asp?NewsID=2369

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 24 2005, 12:20 AM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Apr 24 2005, 12:13 AM)

That's where we got ya beat tongue.gif With 2nd pick Niners pick OG David Baas....could've been a late first round pick but was available at start of 2nd round so niners nabbed him..pretty good credentials

http://www.sf49ers.com/newsroom/DisplayNews.asp?NewsID=2369

laugh.gif Nice. Can't wait to watch the matchup this year. Should be a good one. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 24 2005, 12:30 AM)
And I just found out Niners traded with the Eagles and got an extra pick in 3rd round...they picked another offensive lineman of the year (Pac-10) Adam Snyder (HUGE)....

Very nice. Sounds like they know what they're doing. yes.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Apr 24 2005, 12:31 AM)
And I just found out Niners traded with the Eagles and got an extra pick in 3rd round...they picked another offensive lineman of the year (Pac-10) Adam Snyder (HUGE)....

Ye I'm very impressed with Coach Nolan's first draft day...I feel very good about Niners coming back as contenders in a few years...sounds like Coach Nolan is off to a good start...tomorrow he hopefully will do well in last day of draft taking care of what he knows best...defense yes.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 24 2005, 12:35 AM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Apr 24 2005, 12:31 AM)

Ye I'm very impressed with Coach Nolan's first draft day...I feel very good about Niners coming back as contenders in a few years...sounds like Coach Nolan is off to a good start...tomorrow he hopefully will do well in last day of draft taking care of what he knows best...defense yes.gif

I feel the same way about the Browns new Coach. Romeo Cranell should be a much better selection than Butch Davis ever was. He was one of the worst coaches I have ever seen. Thank god he is finally out of here. Good riddance Butchy!!! bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif

I'm very happy with my hometown Jaguars first round pick, Matt Jones. I wasn't really aware of this kid too much until they started showing footage after he was drafted. This kid looks amazing. He played QB at Arkansas, but the Jags will convert him to WR, a position he played occasionally at Arkansas and played in HS. The kid is 6'6" 240 and runs a 4.37 40 with a 40" vertical leap. Let's see, 6'6", 40" vertical leap, arms fully extended to reach a ball that's up for grabs, this kid can reach almost 14' into the air to grab a ball FOURTEEN FEET!!! I can't wait to see this kid in action! They say he has great hands too.

Well, the Steelers picked up a recieving TE in Heath Miller, so we'll see how that plays out with Roethlisberger. They also just drafted WR Fred Gibson who stands at 6'4", with the hopes of him being able to replace Burress.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 24 2005, 11:26 AM)
I'm very happy with my hometown Jaguars first round pick, Matt Jones. I wasn't really aware of this kid too much until they started showing footage after he was drafted. This kid looks amazing. He played QB at Arkansas, but the Jags will convert him to WR, a position he played occasionally at Arkansas and played in HS. The kid is 6'6" 240 and runs a 4.37 40 with a 40" vertical leap. Let's see, 6'6", 40" vertical leap, arms fully extended to reach a ball that's up for grabs, this kid can reach almost 14' into the air to grab a ball FOURTEEN FEET!!! I can't wait to see this kid in action! They say he has great hands too.

The Jags made a good choice. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived