Harry Potter ** WITH SPOILERS **

Lost In Xanadu

Ok, so why did they change the way Wormtail dies? The book had him choking himself with his silver hand... Why change that??

Also - why have they not mentioned that the reason they are being found is because the word "Voldemort" is cursed and being traced? I guess that plays to the "you should have read the book" mentality, but I think that would clear a lot up for those that may not have read the book.

I believe Chapter 24 ends with Voldemort finding the Elder Wand, and the fact his name is "cursed" comes out well before that - so I doubt that fact is being "saved" for the final movie.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Nov 29 2010, 12:22 PM)
Ok, so why did they change the way Wormtail dies? The book had him choking himself with his silver hand... Why change that??

Also - why have they not mentioned that the reason they are being found is because the word "Voldemort" is cursed and being traced? I guess that plays to the "you should have read the book" mentality, but I think that would clear a lot up for those that may not have read the book.

I believe Chapter 24 ends with Voldemort finding the Elder Wand, and the fact his name is "cursed" comes out well before that - so I doubt that fact is being "saved" for the final movie.

He isn't dead. I thought that too until someone pointed it out to me and then I saw it again and you realize he's been stunned by Dobby. Also, random, did you pick up on Bellatrix's hair falling on Hermione's face? No one got that!

I was trying to figure that out too because I think that's vital, however, in adapting you leave certain things out. But yeah, I didn't really like that because his name has been important since the beginning and I like how circular Rowling has made everything. Oh well.

I actually liked having the film end with him finding the Elder Wand. It was very climactic and really put emphasis on the Elder Wand (especially because the Elder Wand does basically nothing to Harry in the end). And I love Ralph Fiennes. Hehe.

I hate that films do nothing to mention Grindewald before because his duel with Dumbledore is legendary and then *poof* oh yeah, we forgot to mention this guy. I really can't complain because I own all of the movies (and the Special Edition movies at that and I was older when the books and movies started coming out. Shame), but it seemed neglectful not to at least mention it in the sixth film. I really felt that any flaws in 7.1 were a result of the sixth film.

I'm so looking forward to the Battle at Hogwarts mainly because I want to see Maggie Smith and Alan Rickman. wub.gif

But... Wormtail dies in the cellar right then in the book. Harry tells him he owes him for saving his life in PoA and Wormtail's metal hand turns on him and chokes him, allowing Harry and the others to escape the dungeon

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Nov 29 2010, 04:03 PM)
But... Wormtail dies in the cellar right then in the book. Harry tells him he owes him for saving his life in PoA and Wormtail's metal hand turns on him and chokes him, allowing Harry and the others to escape the dungeon

facepalm.gif I'm such a dunce. I totally misread what you wrote initially.

I think it was one of those "What should we leave in?" moments. As I said, I initially thought he died, which aggravated me since, like you said I thought it was a poor way for him to end, but then a friend pointed out to him that he was simply stunned. I'm wondering if they'll give him a grander death, however, that's really veering away from the books. I keep reminding myself there is a second part and things are going to be different.