The Last Exorcism (Stephen King's IT)

Mr. Not

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Sep 9 2010, 04:47 PM)
I saw The Last Exorcism last night and didn't really feel very strongly about it either way. It felt like some things had been left out, and I can't help but wonder if they originally had an R rating.
I love the original Exorcist and thought the Exorcism of Emily Rose was pretty well done, Jennifer Carpenter did a wonderful job in her role as Emily.

And a remake of IT might be interesting, but I can't see anyone else but Tim Curry playing Pennywise.

I love horror movies and good ones have been hard to find lately. I've had better luck with foreign horror movies recently. Like [Rec], a Spanish horror movie from 2007 that I would highly recommend. The last 20 minutes of that film will always stick with me.
Also, Let the Right One In (Swedish), The Descent (UK- and the UK version/ending is the best, IMO) The Host (South Korea) and Oldboy (South Korea), to name a few.

I own all those. Oldboy in particular was awesome.Rumour is that they are working on an American remake...not sure how I feel about that.

I saw The Last Exorcism last night and didn't really feel very strongly about it either way. It felt like some things had been left out, and I can't help but wonder if they originally had an R rating.
I love the original Exorcist and thought the Exorcism of Emily Rose was pretty well done, Jennifer Carpenter did a wonderful job in her role as Emily.

And a remake of IT might be interesting, but I can't see anyone else but Tim Curry playing Pennywise.

I love horror movies and good ones have been hard to find lately. I've had better luck with foreign horror movies recently. Like [Rec], a Spanish horror movie from 2007 that I would highly recommend. The last 20 minutes of that film will always stick with me.
Also, Let the Right One In (Swedish), The Descent (UK- and the UK version/ending is the best, IMO) The Host (South Korea) and Oldboy (South Korea), to name a few.

It was not originally rated R. The makers were actually shocked that it didn't get R.

And all those horror movies are great except for The Host. Wasn't a big fan.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Sep 10 2010, 12:45 AM)

It was not originally rated R. The makers were actually shocked that it didn't get R.

And all those horror movies are great except for The Host. Wasn't a big fan.

I need to watch The Host again. I wasn't feeling it the first time.

Another cool one i saw was called " Bloody Reunion"..asian horror. Good stuff.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Sep 10 2010, 12:55 AM)
I see you guys like good horror...so I'm gunna do you a favor.

Watch a French horror film called "Inside". I liked it. A lot.

Yup. Seen it. VERY brutal. One of those movies that's really tough to watch a second time. Over the top stuff. Who knew the french could make such good horror?..check out " Them"...another french flick. Not so much horror, but suspense.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Sep 10 2010, 01:00 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Sep 10 2010, 12:55 AM)
I see you guys like good horror...so I'm gunna do you a favor.

Watch a French horror film called "Inside". I liked it. A lot.

Yup. Seen it. VERY brutal. One of those movies that's really tough to watch a second time. Over the top stuff. Who knew the french could make such good horror?..check out " Them"...another french flick. Not so much horror, but suspense.

I've heard a lot about "Them". Not seen it, but heard it was good.

As for French horror, I enjoyed "Frontier(s)" as well