Rush's fanbase stigma

WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

The Geddy "quote" is the one thing I found believable about the article! It strikes me as the kind of thing he would actually say, mostly straight-faced but with perhaps the tiniest little smirk to give away the self-deprecating humour. cool.gif

Everything lies across one spectrum or another...With Rush usually being considered underneath the banner of 'progressive rock', the group happens at least to lay at the end of the spectrum that is the most 'female-friendly'.

The genre is fairly 'intellectual-minded', even the 'mainstream' portion of it (which Rush inhabits), and 'sexuality' is usually not equated with matters of the mind...I listen to a lot of Prog Rock, and all I can say is that majority of the bands in this genre are even less geared towards human sexuality than Rush is.

If a mainstream-appeal band like Rush isn't so conducive to copulation, then think of how much less 'sexual' the really proggy outfits are...It's all left-brained music, folks...What you need to stimulate the sexual response in either of the sexes is NO-brained music, things like Dance music, AC/DC or Kiss. lol.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Aug 20 2010, 05:41 PM)
laugh.gif

Hilarious!!!

"There's not a lot of chicks at our shows," admits Rush bassist Geddy Lee, 57. "Which is fine with me. The last thing I want is to be distracted by someone flashing me during a seventeen minute bass solo."

laugh.gif

I saw plenty of chicks at my last Rush show. Although I did see a few protractors as well biggrin.gif

Archived