Football coaches?

Lost In Xanadu

Just wondering if there are any other football coaches out there... it's one of my hobbies and we have our first practice of the season this Saturday.

I coach 5th grade youth football and this is going to be my 5th season. Pretty excited for the season to start. 5th grade is the first year kids are able to play tackle football in the town I live in so it's always a new challenge every year biggrin.gif

thirdhandgrace coaches high school football.

I was an assistant coach for 10 and 11 year olds in the now defunct West Texas Pee Wee association for a couple of years in the early '90s. We were the Kiwanas Rams and sponsered by the Kiwana's club. Same team I played for when I was in Pee Wee.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 4 2010, 01:04 PM)
Good stuff, about 10 years ago I moved back to the town I grew up in and the kids I coach will go to the HS both my dad and I graduated from smile.gif

That was the same for me. We had a nice system back then. For 20 or 30 years we had a system that connected Pee Wee to Junior High and Junior High to High School. Over time the neighborhood changed and the close connection within the system went away.

I'm sure Pee Wee has changed a lot since I played. In those days we ran the wish bone. What are y'all running on offense?

Our base set is a Wing T, but also have trips and some offset I formations. In 5th grade, very few kids know how to block so it's all about getting outside with speed and that's why we go with the Wing T. On short situations we'll do an offset I or a Wham formation to get that 1 or 2 yards, but those are few and far between.