newbies...spreading the love

tel

I'm relatively new too. I found Counterparts in my basement in 2007 and didn't really like it. Then (like most) I listened to Tom Sawyer and was hooked. Now I'm a hard-core Rush fan at the age of 13.

I've been a 2.gif fan for nearly 20 years and have been listening to nothing else except for 2.gif for the past 5 years. This sometimes annoys the wife but she understands what this band means to me on a personal level. It gets pretty deep but I am not going to bore you with that info.

Anyway, I joined the TRF and RIAB forums recently because I wanted to be a part of a community of people who have a shared interest in this band.

2.gif has provided me with the music soundtrack to my life.

I am not going to get caught up in attitudes and personality types in these forums. I am here to get info, share info, and comment on or create a comment about the band.

I have enjoyed reading the posts and replys on this site for years and finally decided to come out of the shadows.

Proud to be a TRF newbie ! 1022.gif

I was looking for a good way to make my first post, so here goes....

OK, I've been a Rush fan for about thirty years (I still can't believe it), when I heard Exit...Stage Left...It was a little less intense there for a bunch of years - I last saw them on the TFE tour in Montreal...but I would always keep updated on all things Rush....

Anyway, here I am, with the release of Beyond The Lighted Stage...my interest in the band has been renewed and I've been listening to them for about the last two months....

Thanks !

QUOTE (ScienceLikeNature @ Aug 2 2010, 09:15 AM)

OK, I've been a Rush fan for about thirty years (I still can't believe it), when I heard Exit...Stage Left...It was a little less intense there for a bunch of years - I last saw them on the TFE tour in Montreal...but I would always keep updated on all things Rush....

Anyway, here I am, with the release of Beyond The Lighted Stage...my interest in the band has been renewed and I've been listening to them for about the last two months....

Thanks !

welcome to trf ,as i always say "the more the merrier" wink.gif

explain what you mean by less intense?

QUOTE (tel @ Aug 2 2010, 01:30 PM)
QUOTE (ScienceLikeNature @ Aug 2 2010, 09:15 AM)

Thanks !

welcome to trf ,as i always say "the more the merrier" wink.gif

explain what you mean by less intense?

What I mean is that when I first discovered them I would listen to their music constantly....I also met people that were into them even before I was...so we tried to play their stuff on our own instrument, I played guitar - I wasn't very good...

That lasted pretty much thru the 90's - I might've missed the Roll The Bones tour from Hold Your Fire thru Test For Echo...In the late 90's I kinda stopped listening...I don't really know why...I skipped the Vapor Trails and Snakes & Arrows albums....So with the release of BTLS, that renewed my interest in the band - and here I am. I listen/watch to the Disc 2 of Snakes&Arrows DVD almost every day...I really like the S&A material from that disc....But I like all eras of Rush....

QUOTE (Scampfarmer @ Jul 30 2010, 03:26 PM)
I only discovered Rush a few months ago and now they're my favourite band. That's pretty damn impressive! Pink Floyd (another favourite) didn't grab my attention this quickly.

Similar situation here (I still haven't listened to all of More...some day...some day).

I kind of feel out of place. I haven't been a fan for that long (a couple years). But it doesn't really matter.

so

Hello all slightly newer people (I think my join date is back in February)

bekloppt.gif trink39.gif

I remember my cousin showed me Rush a couple years back. I've been hooked ever since!!! The first song i've heard by them was Spirit of Radio. Damn good stuff! MY one year anniversary on the site is on the 20th! trink39.gif

Archived