*Suedo-Spoiler*So-and-so Sucked!

neil#2

*Insert bad joke about how much I hate setlist here*

Give a list of songs that I hate.

Comment on how over-played these songs are.

Say something about how bad the lyrics to faithless are.

Give one tiny example of something I actually liked.

Tell people that my opinion is the best, and if you disagree with me, I make a remark about how my 1st amendment rights are being taken away from me.

Pancake!

biggrin.gif

Since this is a new/short thread and I think my thought fits this subject I'd like to weigh in on a few things. I read alot of these but don't really care to reply to other's opinions much, however after seeing a couple of these "troll" sightings and reading much about the setlist/tour opinions since opening night (which I attended) I have a few conclusions.

I've been a fan for over 30 years, have seen the band over a dozen times since Hold Your Fire, I'm a musician, basicly your average Rush fan. I was a little taken aback with some of the song choices that first night, esp. since I sat thourough it waiting for one of my most desired tracks in Jacob's Ladder to be played and of course was sad they didn't play it, oh well I thought. I've since, in general been in support of most of the fans in being delighted to hear many great songs and to be able to enjoy my favotire band live once again this year. I have plans for Vegas and a Red Rocks double shot that still marks the greatest Rush week of my life to come next month. I read one person state that the Moving Pictures inclusion itself could be the "Time Machine" aspect in itself and I would have to agree except for the band using the date theme throughout the show, but I thought that was a valid point. I mean its "Moving Pictures" in full people. Hello!

As a long time fan and live follower I have to begun to feel at shows the comedy and excessive video intros and cartoonish element added to seemingly every track takes away some of that cool intense mystery that the band had when I was first discovering them and some of the earliar tours. I know that has been an aspect of the guys always and

I have always loved the down to earth coolness of these guys but that is someting I notice being represented more and more as the years have gone by.

Overall, it is such a blessing(sorry Neil), to have this band performing, entertaining, and working so hard at this stage for themselves and for us the fans, that most of this bashing and critique is for the birds. How wonderfull it truly is to have such a fantastic part of all our lives played out on the stage for so many to enjoy. Choose RUSH and enjoy my friends!

Was it really necessary to add another post regarding a topic that has already been...well you know where I am going with this. I suppose some people just like to scream "LOOK AT ME!"

beathorse.gif

2.gif

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Jul 23 2010, 09:35 AM)
Was it really necessary to add another post regarding a topic that has already been...well you know where I am going with this.  I suppose some people just like to scream "LOOK AT ME!"

beathorse.gif

2.gif

I really just tried to lighten up the situation. See if I can get someone to laugh. I guess not. Oh well another failed attempt.

I got the intent - but was it really necessary to add yet another thread to this already lame topic? Funny or not - just let it go man...natural attrition will take over.

653.gif

2.gif