PREDATORS

Andrew1

1987's Predator was a sci-fi classic IMO. I remember I was so excited when Predator 2 came out. I went to see it at the theater with some friends and was just crushed. I felt the same way when I saw Alien 3 and Terminator: Rise of the Machines.

Anything after Predator, T2 and Aliens is schlock. I don't even consider them part of the series. These were great movies and ones I loved as a kid and still do.

So I see that Robert Rodriguez is presenting the new Predators film a couple of months ago. Nimrod Atall to direct. Could this be something to look forward too? I've been disappointed so much lately. Do I need to mention Terminator:Salvation? A good movie, but nothing close to what I expected.

If you're going to make a sequel, make one that's worthy of the original.

There will never be another ALIENS, Terminator, and Predator (among others) obviously. But I'm starting to get sucked into this shit again and getting my hopes up. I'm really starting to think Predators might be the real deal. Maybe.

Haven't seen it yet but I plan to soon. The reviews are sounding promising. Anyone have any input into this? I apologize if my thread opener sounds choppy and poorly written like the sequels to the films I mentioned earlier but I'm doing three different things at once right now. Drinking scotch is one of those things. You guys are smart and I'm sure you know where I'm coming from. I've been here long enough to know that.

Now please excuse me. Kourtney and Khloe are attempting to take Miami right now and I have to see the new episode. Kidding.... 062802puke_prv.gif

If you're a pretty big fan of the first movie, absolutely enamored with the idea of the Predator race, but constantly saddened that only one good film has come out of the franchise... go see this one.

It's the only movie involving preds that's worth paying to see, other than the first one.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jul 19 2010, 09:08 PM)
If you're a pretty big fan of the first movie, absolutely enamored with the idea of the Predator race, but constantly saddened that only one good film has come out of the franchise... go see this one.

It's the only movie involving preds that's worth paying to see, other than the first one.

Everything you just said is me. That's the answer I was looking for. I was probably going to see it anyway, but now I'm definitely going. I'm not expecting another sequel like Aliens. I just want to see a film worthy of the original. Predator is one of my favorite films. I'm a sci-fi/action freak. What can I say?

I saw the movie last weekend. Overall I enjoyed it. The effects are first rate and the Preds are pretty cool. My only beef is they left a lot of the plot hanging or nonexistant. The truely epic Sci Fi movies do not sacrifice plot for effects. They actually strike a good balance. I would rate this movie a B- or a C+. Worth a look but nowhere near as good as the original.