Quebec Show Tonight

I work in the industry so I get some info here and there in advance that pertains to Rush and the word is tonight's show on the Plains of Abraham will outdraw Ottawa and Sarnia by a comfortable margin.

Is it possible we will see Rush playing to 40? 50? 60,000 people tonight in their home country?

The quote I got to that question was "Very possible".

If that turns out to be true, then Rush will have played to more people in Canada over the last 3 shows (4 including tonight) than they did in football stadiums in Brazil in 2002 and they still have Air Canada to play on Saturday night.

Sarnia - 22,000

Ottawa - 32,200

Toronto - 16,500

Quebec - ?

Toronto - ?

Very solid numbers.

Add in the South America numbers in October and this should be Rush's biggest attended concert tour in 25 years or more given the amount of dates this tour is.

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Jul 15 2010, 11:32 AM)
I work in the industry so I get some info here and there in advance that pertains to Rush and the word is tonight's show on the Plains of Abraham will outdraw Ottawa and Sarnia by a comfortable margin.

Is it possible we will see Rush playing to 40? 50? 60,000 people tonight in their home country?

If that turns out to be true, then Rush will have played to more people in Canada over the last 3 shows (4 including tonight) than they did in football stadiums in Brazil in 2002 and they still have Air Canada to play on Saturday night.

Sarnia - 22,000
Ottawa - 32,200
Toronto - 16,500
Quebec - ?
Toronto - ?

Very solid numbers.

Add in the South America numbers in October and this should be Rush's biggest attended concert tour in 25 years or more given the amount of dates this tour is.

thanks for sharing the info!!

nice to see all the peeps coming out to see the boys perform.

the time machine tour is one HELLUVA show. Sarnia was amazing- they sounded like a well-oiled machine (with heart, soul and emotion obviously wink.gif )

they were so good, i decided to go to pitts also. i could not wait to hear them until clockwork comes out next year.

The Toronto show was sold out! Not sure if Ottawa and Sarnia was sold out.

The Toronto show was the best concert I have ever seen, and I have been to 4 Rush concerts. I brought my teenage daughter, and she is still talking about how good Rush is. She told me it was nice to see a band that actually had talent smile.gif

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Jul 15 2010, 11:32 AM)

Sarnia - 22,000
Ottawa - 32,200
Toronto - 16,500
Quebec - ?
Toronto - ?

Very solid numbers.

Not quite... in 2002 in Brazil they got..

Porto Alegre 25,000

Sao Paulo 60,000

Rio 40,000

So they'd need 54,000 at Quebec to top Brazil's 3 night total in 4 nights. Still, that 32,000 in Ottawa I believe is the biggest crowd they've ever had in North America trink39.gif

Here's hoping Quebec ups the ante some more trink38.gif