Tickets Last Minute?

lakai

Hi Everybody,

In August i will visit the LA Area. I am from Germany. So i checked

the web for tickets. To buy them overseas cost a little Fortune. What is the experience to buy tickets before the show? In europe you will get them at the "evening Counter". Shows there are not tend to sold out. In LA it seemed that there are limited seats available. Costa Mesa has a Lawn Area, may there are some more tics? Can someone gives me a good advice, or are the shows sold out?:-(( unsure:

Thanks in Advance

Cheers

Lakai

Buying tickets near the date of the show is always a gamble.

Typically, if the venue is outdoors (as most of the shows on this tour are), you can get Lawn Seats (general admission) right up to the start of the show either online or at the venue. I have done this a few times for RUSH and never had a problem.

Also, a lot of times additional tickets go on sale a week or so before the show, and often really good seats are released the day of the show. These are likely the seats that couldn't be sold in the secondary market or from give-aways that weren't given away. I met two people on the Snakes and Arrows tour who bought their tickets on the way to the show and got seats where they were able to touch the stage (off to the side thought).

Check Ticketmaster to see if seats are still available, and check e-bay and other sites like Stub Hub. Don't buy, just see how many tickets are available through the secondary market. If there are a lot, especially towards the day of the show, then you should be able to get one near or on the date. The more they don't sell the more get dumped back in later.

But still always a gamble.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I will check this out, it's a good hint for buying tickets a week before the show, may i have some good look. Otherwise i take the lawn seat in Costa Mesa. Did i see it rightly, that the Gibson Theater has no Lawn Seats?

Best Wishes

Lakai

Does look like no lawn at Gibson. Still around 120 seats left in the Mezzanine at this point.

I went to the Kansas City show and was able to buy 4 second tier reserved tickets together on the morning of the concert.

Seating appeared to be almost sold out though and I believe the KC venue holds about 8100.

You have plenty of time until the show. What i would do is play around on ticketmaster on days of the shows this month. just to see what pops up. I did this on the last tour, and could have gotten really good seats. If the show was near my state angry.gif

I`m going to Toronto next weekend to attend the two shows there , and still haven`t got tickets for the Molson show. It feels kind of strange going all the way from Norway to Canada without tickets for one of the shows , but I`m sure it will work out. Here in Norway , tickets to arena/stadium shows are usually pretty easy to get on the day of the show. From what I understand it`s the same in Canada usually.

Hi Folks,

thanks a lot for all your advices. I would prefer a seat in the front row of course, but what i've learned is, that in contradiction to germany in the US there are all seats in the front row. In germany you have to stand in that area usually, and you get almost- always- a ticket for that area. So i guess seats are sold out very soon. So i would take a lawn place. But I will check it out, seems there are tickets left. For all of you, have a great time at the concerts if you visit, and thanks again for your friendly support :-))

Cheers

Lakai