Netflix Is Becoming Pathetic

Tick

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 9 2010, 11:32 AM)
So far, i'm really digging NetFlix.  No problems with quality or with service.  Haven't had a disc not be available, and though they look beat, they've all played great.  CeeJ's cousin is a huge Netflix user.  Has never had a problem in years of service.  He's "acquired" thousands of movies through netflix and they've all been perfect.  Now, he's in a bigger market, Staten Island, so that could be the whole thing. 

I have never liked blockbuster and the on demand stuff is just too expensive right now.  Between netflix and hulu, we've given up cable and sattelite all together.  We've had no problems. 

Hope it gets better in your town Tick.  sad.gif  Oh... we still use the library on occassion also.  Can't beat them for documentaries.

You have never had to wait for any movie? Wow, that's pretty cool. ohmy.gif

I typically wait a month to 3 months for a popular new release. Its pretty bogus.

The trick to getting a movie for me is to make sure I return a movie on Saturday if I want a new release coming out on the following Tuesday. It works everytime.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Netflix or I would keep it for over 3 years now,(its cheap) but Whip It is the first movie I just couldn't get after OVER 4 MONTHS on very long wait. Its still on very long wait. I kept on my list to see if it will ever be available.

The Hurt Locker took 3 months to get.

I am used to waiting along time for some movies. eh.gif

Edited by tick

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 9 2010, 11:39 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 9 2010, 11:04 AM)
I TRY cleaning it with mild dishwashing liquid, but often to no avail.

A little off topic, but FYI......when I have cleaned a CD or DVD with rubbing alcohol, I have yet to fail to get a disc to play.

yes.gif I can attest to this. I do the same thing and it works great. If it's still screwing up after this treatment...it's badly scratched.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 9 2010, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 9 2010, 11:04 AM)
I TRY cleaning it with mild dishwashing liquid, but often to no avail.

A little off topic, but FYI......when I have cleaned a CD or DVD with rubbing alcohol, I have yet to fail to get a disc to play.

It usually works, but not always. If a disc has a really bad area, sometimes there is no remedy.

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jun 8 2010, 09:47 PM)
I just like walking in an isle and trying to find a movie by picking up the boxes and reading what it is about. Works for me.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 9 2010, 02:32 PM)
I just like walking in an isle and trying to find a movie by picking up the boxes and reading what it is about. Works for me.

goodpost.gif

Those were the good ol days. I can't be bothered anymore.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 9 2010, 02:02 PM)

goodpost.gif

old.gif Now look here, sonny. I go to Blockbuster everyday and try to support those kind of stores. Besides, if they disappear, where am I gonna get a 5 DVDs for $20.00 type of deal? confused13.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 9 2010, 03:08 PM)

goodpost.gif

old.gif Now look here, sonny. I go to Blockbuster everyday and try to support those kind of stores. Besides, if they disappear, where am I gonna get a 5 DVDs for $20.00 type of deal? confused13.gif

I hear ya. I say keep supporting them!

My closest Blockbuster is about a 12 minute drive. That just makes it harder then I want. I do have a membership and I would say I rent maybe a movie a year from them.

I hardly ever rented from Block buster too. Independently owned stores were much better with their selections - especially classic Hollywood films in the 1940's.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 9 2010, 02:57 PM)

goodpost.gif

My closest Blockbuster is about a 12 minute drive.

You are in Galapagos. joker.gif bncegrn.gif LOL.gif They are closing a lot of stores here, though. sad.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 9 2010, 05:10 PM)

goodpost.gif

You are in Galapagos. joker.gif bncegrn.gif LOL.gif They are closing a lot of stores here, though. sad.gif

Duh! That's why I like Turtles!

HAVE YOU NOT SEEN MY LOCATION?

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 9 2010, 04:18 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 9 2010, 05:10 PM)

goodpost.gif

Duh! That's why I like Turtles!

HAVE YOU NOT SEEN MY LOCATION?

I did. So, I guessed right? common001.gif My second choice was Souderton. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 9 2010, 05:42 PM)
dropped netflix months ago. I prefer the redbox or the blockbuster kiosk since I usually want to watch the new releases.

Good man! trink39.gif

I buy all my movies at Newbury Comics...great selection, and they have some good deals.

I collect movies the way i do CD's. Thats why i never have used NetFlix.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 10 2010, 02:34 AM)
It doesn't matter what thread he starts Ticky always makes me chuckle...

laugh.gif

I have no other contribution to make to this thread, thank you...

smile.gif

I'm glad I amuse you. atickhum.gif

I love Netflix most for its selection quality.

Hard to find a movie at Blockbuster (through their monthly club or otherwise) anymore that's older than 1975, if that old. For a time they had a goodly number of *classics* in the store and then slowly cut that back further and further in order to carry an additional 125 copies of Alvin & The Chipmunks 2-The Squeekual and Rush Hour 27-Poughkeepsie Drift.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 10 2010, 06:17 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 10 2010, 02:34 AM)
It doesn't matter what thread he starts Ticky always makes me chuckle...

laugh.gif

I have no other contribution to make to this thread, thank you...

smile.gif

I'm glad I amuse you. atickhum.gif

trink39.gif

biggrin.gif

Just wanted to pop in and say that when we saw this

thread a few days ago we added Whip It to our list.

It just arrived.