cable router

DonnaWanna

I was wondering how many pc's can u stick on a cable router, I have my pc on cable and now getting another pc connected onto the same cablemodem so i wont have to pay for 2..but is it possible to put 3 on 1 router for cable hook up? will it make the connection any slower with all those pc's on it?

any help would rock

thanx smile.gif

How many ports are on the back of your cable router? That is what will limit the number of pcs you can connect. You can always go to BestBuy or soemwhere & buy switch/hub allowing you to connect many more pcs. The internet surfing speed will slow down some the more pcs you connect. As long as you just doing regular surfing you should be fine. IFyou have one pc downloading gb's of data that will slow down the others.

yea the pcs will be used as regular surfin an other everyday things.

thanx for the help DM wink.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Mar 18 2005, 07:25 PM)
yea the pcs will be used as regular surfin an other everyday things.
thanx for the help DM wink.gif

The router I had over there had 4 ports on it. It might be cool to get a wireless router this time.

the folks upstairs are gettin a pc and i told them we could share the payment every month for the cable hook up..i cant see them payin the cable company when they can be routed into my modem

LOl i just dont want my pc to lagg cuz of too many on the same connection no.gif

Yep, most of the commercial routers have 4 ports. I have a 'Linksys' router and also a Linksys wireless router. Both work just fine.

The standard wireless routers are good for up to 500ft radius on average.

Archived