The Flashforward thread

The Owl

This is one show Im kind of excited about..... This is ABC's new "mystery" show that is supposed to take the place of LOST....

The premise of the show is really cool....

For 2 minutes and 18 seconds the entire population of the world blacks out... but in their blackouts they see a glimpse of the future 6 months ahead... and the characters of the show try to piece together "what they saw" and what caused it all.

Like Lost the show is going to be more of "serial" type show as opposed to episodic.... This is supported by the fact that this is, once again like LOST, going to be a show with a limited run... as in there is a definate pre-thought-out End to the show, or goal for the show in mind... The producers of FlashForward have stated that they need at least 3 seasons to tell the story they want to tell.

The Writers/Creators/ and Show Runners of Flashforward are Brannon Bragh noted as a former writer for Star Trek TNG, as well as other Trek Franchises... and David S. Goyer, the screenwriter of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight

The cast includes

Joseph Finnes, most remembered from Shakespeare in Love

Jon Cho, Harold and Kumar

LOST fans will also no doubt recognize both Dominic Monaghan, who formerly played Charlie on LOST, as well as Sonya Walgner, who plays Penny on LOST.

Seth McFarlane, creator of Family Guy, has also been confirmed in a re-curring role.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot wait for this show to start... ABC has pushed this strongly as the replacment show for LOST, as lost has only 1 more season left, and has been promoting to the same demographic and during airings of LOST.

NOTE: Once this starts airing.... episode discussion will discussed in this thread, so consider this a spoiler warning (I put one in the thread discrpition as well) .. so you are warned.......

It starts the 24th of September............

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/FlashForwardtitle.png

Edited by The Owl

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 15 2009, 02:45 PM)
So, Im the only one who is going to be watching this show?

No man, I am there! trink39.gif

You can watch the first 17 minutes of the pilot ep here.

Great First Episode..........!!

I cant wait to see where this is going!

One minor gripe......... I HATE THE TIME SLOT!........ It comes on at 7 o'clock (Central time)... which is usually the hour I eat dinner............ What an inconvient time....too damn early.

"Gimme Some Truth" was a great episode, my favorite so far...

the next episode is the first to feature Dominic Monaghan....(other than the end of the episode before last)

I love the title of the next episode "Scary Monsters and Super Creeps"

Nice Bowie reference.

I admit, the first 10 episodes as a whole were a bit of a disappointment, and did not really live up to the expectations I had..... I had doubts that the show would see a second season.....

but after this mid-season premiere, I have to change my view... The 2 parter was fantastic, and due to some changes creatively behind the scenes, I think this show might have a leg to stand on........ I just hope the show keeps up quality wise like that last episode.