"Ferris Bueller's Day Off" Will Surpass The Test

RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 8 2009, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 8 2009, 10:05 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 8 2009, 10:09 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 8 2009, 09:58 PM)
Those John Hughes films are great for those of us who were teens back then. If you watch them now, it's like taking a trip back into our own past.

If you like reading about goofs in movies, check out www.imdb.com and search a movie and then look at the goofs and stuff. Lots of factoids and info.

I remember reading that Ferris Bueller's Day Off was the first movie to be filmed on the streets of Chicago. (I'm if not mistaken, that is) and it opened the door to many more films being made there.

The Blues Brothers was definitely filmed on the streets of Chicago first.

Yep, six years prior. "The Blues Brothers" was all about Chicago and was proud of it...even while it was wrecking the shit out of it. biggrin.gif

I remember watching the local news back around 1980, and they showed them filming one of the final scenes of the movie when they crashed the Dodge through the window at the Dailey Plaza.

When Workingcinderellaman came for a visit to Casa del Snowdog, we did a Blues Brothers tour which included Wrigley Field and Lower Wacker. laugh.gif

Yep, That was awsome!

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb50/workingcinderellaman/CIMG2024.jpg

There were many other movies filmed there. Here are the towers that a bad guy Steve Mcqueen was chasing drove off into the Chicago river.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb50/workingcinderellaman/CIMG2039.jpg

Edited by workingcinderellaman

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 8 2009, 10:05 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 8 2009, 10:09 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 8 2009, 09:58 PM)
Those John Hughes films are great for those of us who were teens back then. If you watch them now, it's like taking a trip back into our own past.

If you like reading about goofs in movies, check out www.imdb.com and search a movie and then look at the goofs and stuff. Lots of factoids and info.

I remember reading that Ferris Bueller's Day Off was the first movie to be filmed on the streets of Chicago. (I'm if not mistaken, that is) and it opened the door to many more films being made there.

The Blues Brothers was definitely filmed on the streets of Chicago first.

Yep, six years prior. "The Blues Brothers" was all about Chicago and was proud of it...even while it was wrecking the shit out of it. biggrin.gif

Also released in 1980 and shot in Chicago - one of my favorites, My Bodyguard. But neither BB or MB were first.

Here's a list of films shot in Chicago.

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Jun 9 2009, 02:10 AM)
Ferris Bueller is classic! As a music fan, I also have a pretty big soft spot for Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Wayne's World, and Empire Records.

Empire Records was trash. Maybe the soundtrack was okay, but the movie sucked. Badly.