Knowing....

vital signz

Anyone see it and have any opinion?

Spoilers below:

I saw it today, pretty much great concept, but the more it went on the sillier the concept became. To end the film with the sudden appearance of aliens, and take that whole thing to an Adam and Eve concept just went too far in my opinion.

It was kind of like that Tarantino movie From Dusk to Dawn, which started out with the Gecko brothers doing some bad shit and ending up in a full twist as vampire fighters....I liked From Dusk to Dawn actually better, because the whole thing was crazy from the beginning. This started out serious and went off the deep end. I'd give it 6 out of 10 stars . The special effects were incredible I must say though.

took the mrs. to see this one last weekend. the concept intrigued me and I was looking forward to it. But about 1/2 way through I found myself looking at my watch. The special effects were fantastic in spots, but at the end I was thinking I'd have enjoyed it more watching it on dvd.

That way I would have only spent a buck from the redbox and not laid out the 40 bucks for tix, popcorn, drinks, etc. It just wasn't good enough to justify the cost.

We saw it on opening night and absolutely loved it. Great story, great acting, great filming, great special effects, very cool ending. I easily give it 4 stars.

The movie is about prescient powers, I hear. I obviously bear none of these because I couldn't even detect that there was another thread with the same subjectmatter within inches of mine.

I did happen to detect the spoiler within though. Now I am totally aware that this film quickly devolves and descends into the arena of the absurd....the preposterous, the ludicrous. Dagnabbit!

I wouldn't have guessed. Sometimes 'not knowing' is better for all parties involved. And, there is no way of un-knowing something yet. Is there? Unless, the premise behind 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' comes true'. That would be a valuable invention. Call me as soon as they figure this out.

I can't stand Nicholas Cage...His best role was Valley Girl...He gets worse with every movie.

I keep hoping Nic Cage will finally pick a movie/role that doesn't suck. He's had a poor track record in recent years.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Apr 10 2009, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 10 2009, 08:37 AM)
I keep hoping Nic Cage will finally pick a movie/role that doesn't suck.  He's had a poor track record in recent years.

Did anyone see Family Man?

I really loved it.

Great movie. yes.gif The Weatherman is good too.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Apr 10 2009, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 10 2009, 08:37 AM)
I keep hoping Nic Cage will finally pick a movie/role that doesn't suck.  He's had a poor track record in recent years.

Did anyone see Family Man?

I really loved it.

Family Man was a great flick! It really makes you think about things yes.gif

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Apr 9 2009, 05:54 PM)
I can't stand Nicholas Cage...His best role was Valley Girl...He gets worse with every movie.

...and richer.

wink.gif