Reflections

This year I take Music Tech, which is a class where you make music in MIDI. We had a Pop Song project where basically we had to write lyrics in a Pop format and also make the music to fit this structure:

Verse1

Verse2

Chorus

Verse3

Chorus

Bridge

Chorus

I really liked how this song came out for some reason. The lyrics are posted at TRF Musicians. Enjoy, I would love to hear comments!

Reflections

I like it! It's melodic, has nice chord changes, and the bass part is really cool.

If there's one minor "criticism" I could make, it's that the constant quarter note rhythm of the melody gets a little monotonous after a while. Just a little bit. I'm not saying it's "wrong" or anything like that, because I don't think there's such a thing as "wrong" music (except for Nickelback), but altering the rhythm a bit (like you did in that one spot about a third of the way into the song) keeps the listener's ears perked up.

Otherwise, the chord changes and melody all had good harmonic flow. The song shows good songwriting instincts. Keep up the good work! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 20 2009, 06:28 PM)
I like it! It's melodic, has nice chord changes, and the bass part is really cool.

If there's one minor "criticism" I could make, it's that the constant quarter note rhythm of the melody gets a little monotonous after a while. Just a little bit. I'm not saying it's "wrong" or anything like that, because I don't think there's such a thing as "wrong" music (except for Nickelback), but altering the rhythm a bit (like you did in that one spot about a third of the way into the song) keeps the listener's ears perked up.

Otherwise, the chord changes and melody all had good harmonic flow. The song shows good songwriting instincts. Keep up the good work! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks! trink39.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 20 2009, 05:28 PM)
If there's one minor "criticism" I could make, it's that the constant quarter note rhythm of the melody gets a little monotonous after a while.

Well, he is a bass player. tongue.gif

(J/K, bass players please don't stone me!)

BTW that sampled one sounds great! trink39.gif