X-Files the Series

HisCounterpart

Yes! I DID search first! And I only found a couple of topics on the movie sequel (which I've just ordered on DVD).

Soooo, I have just made my way through the 61 discs of the box set and what a great time I had!

I've loved the X-files since mid 90s I suppose, when I first caught an episode, but I never followed them religiously, I was just happy to catch an episode when I could... That's probably why I developed a slight dislike for the mythology episodes - couldn't make much sense of them not watching them in order (I have to admit though now that I have watched all in order - it doesn't help much - I still prefer the standalone episodes better).

At the time I used to watch the X-files for the stories. Now having gone through the whole 9 episodes I was for the first time able to savour the delicious Mulder/Scully sexual tension and.... other nice things...

So what did you watch the X-files for? Mulder? Scully? Monsters? Alien mythology?

Any favourite episodes/monsters? Mmmm the flukeman...

Favourite secondary characters? Mmm developed a thing for Skinner...

Krycek. Love or hate? Doggett. Love or hate?

Mythology or standalone episodes?

BTW, a friend of mine who is an X-Files fan but knows nothing about Rush upon me showing her a pic of Geddy pointed out that he looked a lot like Langly of the Lonely Gunmen. Which made it ever so much sadder for me to watch the episode in which the Lonely Gunmen perished...

I can remember hearing ads for it when it first came out in the really early 90's and thought it sounded interesting but never watched it until it was on for a few years but never really got into it until after the movie came out in '98.

My wife watched it all the time and always complianed that no questions were ever answered.

It was a good show though.

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Mar 19 2009, 12:26 PM)

My wife watched it all the time and always complianed that no questions were ever answered.

Usually for me it's a good thing? but I have to admit those mythology episodes got a bit frustrating to me for that reason, that's why I loved the last episode so much, where it was all brought together, or rather summarised, quite nicely - for those like me who couldn't be bothered working it out in the course of the 9 seasons..

As for the 1998 film, I thought it extremely boring... I hope the second one's better...

AlienSmiley.gif

You are not alone.