Any Horror Fans?

RobertD

QUOTE (RobertD @ Jan 18 2009, 01:25 PM)
I haven't been able to go to the movies in forever.I usually have to wait for video.Has anybody got any opinons on Mirrors,Saw V,or the newly released
The Unborn.

The Unborn, was predictable, and boring. It was a movie that tryed to combine the elements of The Exorcist, The Omen, and Rosemarys Baby, and did not do it well at all. no.gif

See "1408" if you have not seen it. Very good horror flick. yes.gif

Edited by tick

I'm leery of horror flicks anymore cuz I just don't find anything to be "horrifying" anymore. no.gif

I'm taking tick's advice on 1408. That does look promising. Most stuff is just slasher type gore. I saw no reason to continue watching the first Saw when I viewed it four years ago. I wouldn't give the sequels the time of day. What a sick, depraved mind that took to create. I'm not a fan of watching plain ol' human suffering for the sake of it. Y'know?

I'm more into the supernaturual type of horror. Slashers are a bit too possible and the gore factor isn't really horror to me. You can't beat the original Halloween though anyway, so slasher flicks are pointless as far as I'm concerned.

Omen, Rosemary's Baby, Exorcist... stuff like that. Those movies had such a creep factor, without the need for excessive blood and unneeded acts of torture and suffering. And yet they made your spine shrink in your back and gave you the white knuckle effect from gripping the arms of your chair. THAT is a good horror flick experience for me. Haven't had one in FOREVER. sad.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 19 2009, 08:27 AM)
I'm leery of horror flicks anymore cuz I just don't find anything to be "horrifying" anymore. no.gif

I'm taking tick's advice on 1408. That does look promising. Most stuff is just slasher type gore. I saw no reason to continue watching the first Saw when I viewed it four years ago. I wouldn't give the sequels the time of day. What a sick, depraved mind that took to create. I'm not a fan of watching plain ol' human suffering for the sake of it. Y'know?

I'm more into the supernaturual type of horror. Slashers are a bit too possible and the gore factor isn't really horror to me. You can't beat the original Halloween though anyway, so slasher flicks are pointless as far as I'm concerned.

Omen, Rosemary's Baby, Exorcist... stuff like that. Those movies had such a creep factor, without the need for excessive blood and unneeded acts of torture and suffering. And yet they made your spine shrink in your back and gave you the white knuckle effect from gripping the arms of your chair. THAT is a good horror flick experience for me. Haven't had one in FOREVER. sad.gif

I agree, Necro. It isn't the blood and gore that stays in your mind and disturbs you for days after, it's that eerieness, that creepy hard-to-explain factor that gets you.

In fact, I usually find myself LAUGHING at the slasher films, and cracking stupid puns.

I haven't seen 1408, but I did read the short story. Excellent.

I like earlier horror films as well. I like some of the earlier slasher films such as Halloween I, Friday the 13th I and II, Terror Train, My Bloody Valentine, etc...

Once the mid-80's came around, it became ridiculous.

My favorites tend to be older ghost stories and things involving the spirit world (Exorcist, the Fog, Dark Night of the Scarecrow, Changeling, Don't Go to Sleep, etc....)

Jacob's Ladder

SAW

28 Weeks Later

Cloverfield

The Strangers

The Descent

Frailty

30 Days Of Night

...and of course the classics...Halloween, The Exorcist, Friday The 13th, The Omen, Carrie, IT, the original Texas Chainsaw Massicre, ect..

ALL of them, imo, good horror/suspense films yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer)
I saw no reason to continue watching the first Saw when I viewed it four years ago. I wouldn't give the sequels the time of day. What a sick, depraved mind that took to create.

I actually HAVE met one of the creators of SAW, Leigh Whannell (he co-wrote Saw 1 - 3, and also played Adam in Saw and Saw 3) - and in all honesty, he's one of the most coolest, funniest, and down-to-earth dudes you can meet, haha tongue.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Jan 19 2009, 12:43 PM)

QUOTE (Necromancer)
I saw no reason to continue watching the first Saw when I viewed it four years ago. I wouldn't give the sequels the time of day. What a sick, depraved mind that took to create.

I actually HAVE met one of the creators of SAW, Leigh Whannell (he co-wrote Saw 1 - 3, and also played Adam in Saw and Saw 3) - and in all honesty, he's one of the most coolest, funniest, and down-to-earth dudes you can meet, haha tongue.gif

laugh.gif

I remember you telling me that years ago. laugh.gif

Well... he can definitely flip a switch and channel something quite depraved then. Cuz those forms of torture were just too much for me.

I've met some rock stars that write some disturbing songs as well, and you would never think that they could pull that out of their heads. So I know what you mean. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 19 2009, 12:17 PM)

QUOTE (Necromancer)

laugh.gif

I remember you telling me that years ago. laugh.gif

Well... he can definitely flip a switch and channel something quite depraved then. Cuz those forms of torture were just too much for me.

I've met some rock stars that write some disturbing songs as well, and you would never think that they could pull that out of their heads. So I know what you mean. biggrin.gif

LOL yeah...it's funny how that is biggrin.gif I think it's hilarious, b/c I remember certain people actually being scared of meeting Tobin Bell - the actor who played Jigsaw in those movies...JUST b/c of his role in Saw, haha laugh.gif It's like, "umm...he's an ACTOR...that's his job..to ACT eyesre4.gif "

tongue.gif

Jacob's Ladder
SAW
28 Weeks Later
Cloverfield
The Strangers
The Descent
Frailty
30 Days Of Night

...and of course the classics...Halloween, The Exorcist, Friday The 13th, The Omen, Carrie, IT, the original Texas Chainsaw Massicre, ect..

ALL of them, imo, good horror/suspense films yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer)

I now trust your recomendations for horror movies.

You did however leave out The Shining. An absolute classic.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 19 2009, 09:37 PM)
I'm avoiding Unborn big time because it is from Michael Bay 062802puke_prv.gif

Smart move. I wish I had. It was very weak indeed.