Fridge The Recording Artist?.....

Fridge

QUOTE (Fridge @ Nov 18 2008, 04:31 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 18 2008, 09:08 AM)
I like "Fear Behind the Door" it starts off with Rushlike chords too! he song as a whole works very well and is very well realised. Nice work mate. The vocals may not be as good as a top pro vocalist but they're not bad and the important thing is you've got the melody lines down so a vocalist can come straight in and sing them, if that's how you decide to go.

I can't get Hot Knife to work beyond the first three seconds. The three seconds I hear are a good sounding riff, making me think of Brian May, but then I'm on a Queen kick this week...

Does it stop and then start again? That might be a good idea actually for the opening...

Wait a sec it's working now, well it was I think it's up to 15 seconds now, sounds like decent riff anyway...

Now Fear Behind the Door is on again!! yeah that's a Rush-like intro for sure!! More punk/new wave-style vocals though...

EDIT: I think that Rush bit just before the solo reminds me a little of that section of Circumstances just before they bring the chorus in again at the end. I could be wrong though...

trink39.gif

Cheers for the feedback Ducky, yeah there is a little bit of Rush in there, though I had Kings X more in mind at the time.

With the feedback I'm getting from you guys, I may well try and do something with these once I get the vocals sorted....

Let me know what you think about Hot Knife if you can get it working...

Hot Knife has more of a static kind of riff, it's a nice solid one though, the vocals are probably better on here than the Pistols or FBTD. But overall I really like FEAR best of all. It's darker and more dramatic, a faster tempo, with a cool solo in it, a little progressive too...

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 17 2008, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Nov 5 2008, 04:55 PM)
http://www.reverbnation.com/fridge2

Hmmm...first we had "Pistols At Dawn," then you "bit the bullet" and posted "Hot Knife." I'm sensing a pattern here. Two words: Anger Management. Or maybe Weapons Training. tongue.gif

Fridge gets his titles when he is thinking of some of our debates over at the Sense O'Clock News when he writes these awesome songs..... laugh.gif biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Well, I just remembered about this thread.

I told Fridge back in November that I would record drums for these, then a few days later, broke my hand in an unrelated incident.

I was looking through my "ripped" items, and came across "Fear behind a Door", and realised that I hadn't done them yet.

Im not at school for 2 weeks. My aim is to get atleast one recorded, which will be Fear Behind a Door I guess.

Edited by Sir Lerxst