Make Sure You Get You Free Taco Today!

PhilCastro

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Oct 28 2008, 05:29 PM)
QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Oct 28 2008, 08:50 PM)
Well... I don't eat there often, but I did get my free taco today.  I thought they'd scrimp on the "meat", but it was actually pretty well made.  Hey, it was free and they're right down the street!

Of course, I couldn't get just one taco... I ordered additional items.  They were really pushing the drink order but I avoided that trap.  The old huge-profit-on-the-soda ploy eh.....    dazed025.gif

They probably ended up making some money on this deal since some people ordered additional items.  A taco probably costs them .15 to make, which they easily make up in profit on any additional item sales.

Wouldn't it have sucked to work at a Taco Bell today though... people were probably coming out of the woodwork!

bolt.gif

Yeah i have to admit i ordered a couple extra things too tongue.gif

Yeah, and here it is!! laugh.gif biggrin.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/78204265_2690fadd10.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/tbd.jpg

QUOTE (troutman @ Oct 28 2008, 10:54 PM)
Well... I don't eat there often, but I did get my free taco today.  I thought they'd scrimp on the "meat", but it was actually pretty well made.  Hey, it was free and they're right down the street!

Of course, I couldn't get just one taco... I ordered additional items.  They were really pushing the drink order but I avoided that trap.  The old huge-profit-on-the-soda ploy eh.....    dazed025.gif

They probably ended up making some money on this deal since some people ordered additional items.  A taco probably costs them .15 to make, which they easily make up in profit on any additional item sales.

Wouldn't it have sucked to work at a Taco Bell today though... people were probably coming out of the woodwork!

bolt.gif

Too bad they dont have fish tacos drool1.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Oct 28 2008, 06:56 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Oct 28 2008, 10:54 PM)

bolt.gif

Too bad they dont have fish tacos drool1.gif

Are you kidding? I never eat there anymore and would never trust any fish from there laugh.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 28 2008, 11:27 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 28 2008, 06:58 PM)
QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Oct 28 2008, 08:23 AM)
I cook better Mexican food.

Taco Bell is not mexican food

Taco Bell is not food.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Oct 28 2008, 07:29 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 28 2008, 11:27 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 28 2008, 06:58 PM)
QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Oct 28 2008, 08:23 AM)
I cook better Mexican food.

Taco Bell is not mexican food

Taco Bell is not food.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Gut Bomb!! laugh.gif

And here's an excerpt from the aforementioned Fast Food Nation:

At Burger King restaurants, frozen hamburger patties are placed on a conveyer belt and emerge from a broiler ninety seconds later fully cooked. The ovens at Pizza Hut and at Domino's also use conveyer belts to ensure standardized cooking times. The ovens at McDonald's look like commercial laundry presses, with big steel hoods that swing down and grill hamburgers on both sides at once. The burgers, chicken, french fries,and buns are all frozen when they arrive at a McDonald's. The shakes and sodas begin as syrup. At Taco Bell restaurants the food is "assembled," not prepared. The guacamole isn't made by workers in the kitchen; it's made at a factory in Michoacin, Mexico, then frozen and shipped north. The chain's taco meat arrives frozen and precooked in vacuum-sealed plastic bags. The beans are dehydrated and look like brownish corn flakes. The cooking process is fairly simple. "Everything's add water," a Taco Bell employee told me. "Just add hot water."

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 28 2008, 08:41 PM)
And here's an excerpt from the aforementioned Fast Food Nation:

At Burger King restaurants, frozen hamburger patties are placed on a conveyer belt and emerge from a broiler ninety seconds later fully cooked. The ovens at Pizza Hut and at Domino's also use conveyer belts to ensure standardized cooking times. The ovens at McDonald's look like commercial laundry presses, with big steel hoods that swing down and grill hamburgers on both sides at once. The burgers, chicken, french fries,and buns are all frozen when they arrive at a McDonald's. The shakes and sodas begin as syrup. At Taco Bell restaurants the food is "assembled," not prepared. The guacamole isn't made by workers in the kitchen; it's made at a factory in Michoacin, Mexico, then frozen and shipped north. The chain's taco meat arrives frozen and precooked in vacuum-sealed plastic bags. The beans are dehydrated and look like brownish corn flakes. The cooking process is fairly simple. "Everything's add water," a Taco Bell employee told me. "Just add hot water."

OMG rofl3.gif And I am actually making tacos now unsure.gif laugh.gif Thank God there mine biggrin.gif

Archived