More New Rush News...

Maestro

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 10 2008, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Oct 10 2008, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 10 2008, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Oct 10 2008, 09:58 AM)
keep grasping at those straws KT, and consider yourself once again disproven.  doh.gif

Sir, you have a strange concept of "proof"

The first four albums of a band's career define them.

I don't care what you or some doofus music reviewer says in some obscure magazine, and I don't care how many or what kind of tv shows they appear on. Show me a quote where Alex, Neil or Geddy call Rush a "heavy metal" band. If you find something that sites HM as an influence on some of Rush's music, that doesn't count. Rush are whatever Rush say they are. Geddy has stated that Rush is not a heavy metal band. Case closed.

Where has Geddy stated Rush are not a Heavy Metal band?

He may have said he considers Rush to be a Hard Rock band, but that does not preclude them being Metal.

Follow this here link and read the 3rd post down. This is from a board where I am as loathed and despised almost as much as here. Then when you've read it, out your head in a blender and turn it on please.

If you're talking about CP, oh please, gimme a break!!! eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 10 2008, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Oct 10 2008, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 10 2008, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Oct 10 2008, 09:58 AM)
keep grasping at those straws KT, and consider yourself once again disproven.  doh.gif

Sir, you have a strange concept of "proof"

The first four albums of a band's career define them.

I don't care what you or some doofus music reviewer says in some obscure magazine, and I don't care how many or what kind of tv shows they appear on. Show me a quote where Alex, Neil or Geddy call Rush a "heavy metal" band. If you find something that sites HM as an influence on some of Rush's music, that doesn't count. Rush are whatever Rush say they are. Geddy has stated that Rush is not a heavy metal band. Case closed.

Where has Geddy stated Rush are not a Heavy Metal band?

He may have said he considers Rush to be a Hard Rock band, but that does not preclude them being Metal.

Follow this here link and read the 3rd post down. This is from a board where I am as loathed and despised almost as much as here. Then when you've read it, out your head in a blender and turn it on please.

Still can't find any quotes from Geddy, Alex, or Neil stating that Rush IS heavy metal? rofl3.gif Btw, I couldn't care less what they say at that other board.

Archived