More New Rush News...

Maestro

Courtesy of member 'Sean' over at RIAB:

Rush to go on VH1 Classic's new show called That Metal Show - With Eddie Trunk

by: Eddie Trunk

09-Oct-08 "That Metal Show" updates. Ace, Rush, TS, Piazza, AC/DC, More!

10/9/08: Tons of great stuff going on, here's a quick update:

Shot two more episodes of my upcoming new VH1 Classic TV show "That Metal Show" yesterday. The guests were JJ and Dee from Twisted Sister in one show, Mike Piazza and Angus and Brian from AC/DC in the other. We had a standing room only studio audience and the buzz was tremendous. Had many emails from the audience that was there all pumped about what they saw and heard. JJ and Dee talked about the future of TS, the state of the music business, their Christmas show and thoughts on many other bands like Kiss, Scorpions and others, and trust me, they do not pull punches. Entertaining as always. The AC/DC guys will appear in the show with Mike Piazza in a taped segment and talk about the new CD, tour and more. Mike Piazza was great as always and talked GnR, VH, his favorite songs to hit to and much more. I am so happy with how things are going with this show and have my good friends Jim Florentine and Don Jamieson as co-hosts. The ball busting that goes on is awesome and many in the audience and crew at the tapings so far say they have never seen a show like this before. Even those not into metal seem to be loving it. I've been working on developing this for almost two years, and now that it's real and we are close to debuting the first show, it's really getting exciting! And if all that weren't enough I just scored two HUGE guests for the final two shows of season 1. I am so proud to say that we will be doing a show with my good friend Ace Frehley, and I am honored to say that Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson of Rush will be coming in from Canada just to do the show! I've had the privledge of working with the Rush guys several times, and I can not thank them enough for making the effort to do the show. Needless to say this will be a HUGE one. Sorry to say that the slots for the in studio audience are SOLD OUT, but you will see all the action when the shows air. The premiere/pilot episode of That Metal Show airs 11/15 at 11PM ET/PT and will repeat several times through the week on VH1 Classic. A new episode every week after on Saturday nights at 11PM. It's 30 minutes and been called "The View" for rockers. More details soon. To all who have been in the audience for tapings, thanks. I'll have a special section of this site soon dedicated to this new TV show with updates and exclusive photos from the set!

My FM syndicated show premieres on a brand new station this Saturday night at Midnight. Pleased to welcome KDKB/Phoenix as our newest station affiliate. Spread the word if your in that area. So psyched to be on this station and connect with all the AZ rockers!

Uli Jon Roth on at 8P sharp this Saturday night at BBs. No opener. Alex Skolnick and Chris Caffery will play with Uli.

Joe Lynn Turner and Frank Hannon of Tesla were both on my XM show this past Monday. They were scheduled for the FM show but will be reschedule. This week on the Q104/NYC show J J from Twisted Sister drops by. Also the guys from Z02 stop in. Hopefully you have caught their great TV show on IFC.

III.

Wow I can't wait to see this show. 2.gif

Great news, sounds like a very interesting program. I only wish that my cable system had VH1 Classic. I guess the planned appearance of Geddy and Alex on "The Metal Show", once and for all finally proves to me that Rush really IS a Metal band. doh.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (vprtrls @ Oct 10 2008, 07:05 AM)
Great news, sounds like a very interesting program. I only wish that my cable system had VH1 Classic. I guess the planned appearance of Geddy and Alex on "The Metal Show", once and for all finally proves to me that Rush really IS a Metal band. doh.gif 2.gif

I hate to say I was right, but I was RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Troll - not liked, but NEVER Wrong :0

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 10 2008, 08:18 AM)
Great news, sounds like a very interesting program.    I only wish that my cable system had VH1 Classic.  I guess the planned appearance of Geddy and Alex on "The Metal Show", once and for all finally proves to me that Rush really IS a Metal band.  doh.gif  2.gif

I hate to say I was right, but I was RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this means that Mike Piazza is also a metal band then. no.gif

He sounded very grateful, honored and excited about Alex and Geddy for agreeing to come and do the show. It seems that 2.gif has been in the public eye a good deal lately. biggrin.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing this..!!!!

Thanks for the heads up.

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 10 2008, 09:20 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Oct 10 2008, 07:46 AM)

But he doesn't exist.

I can assure you that he does indeed exist:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee53/Myerburg311/traded/piazza.jpg

I can also assure you that he is not a metal band.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Oct 10 2008, 08:46 AM)
QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 10 2008, 09:20 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Oct 10 2008, 07:46 AM)

But he doesn't exist.

I can assure you that he does indeed exist:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee53/Myerburg311/traded/piazza.jpg

I can also assure you that he is not a metal band.

He doesn't exist because I've never heard of him. Therefore it's obvious he can't be a Metal band. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 10 2008, 07:18 AM)
Great news, sounds like a very interesting program.    I only wish that my cable system had VH1 Classic.  I guess the planned appearance of Geddy and Alex on "The Metal Show", once and for all finally proves to me that Rush really IS a Metal band.  doh.gif  2.gif

I saw this coming a mile away. One appearance on a tv show does not define a band, but then you knew that. Keep grasping at those straws KT, and consider yourself once again disproven. doh.gif

I also noticed that R30 was aired on VH1 Classic the other night. I had actually gone out to the driving range with a friend, but when I got home I saw that my wife had left me a note on the kitchen counter

"Recording channel 186 for you (Rush) even though you are a miserable son of a bitch. xxoo"

Aint marriage grand?

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Oct 10 2008, 09:58 AM)
keep grasping at those straws KT, and consider yourself once again disproven. doh.gif

Sir, you have a strange concept of "proof"

The first four albums of a band's career define them.

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 10 2008, 10:10 AM)
keep grasping at those straws KT, and consider yourself once again disproven.  doh.gif

I don't care what you or some doofus music reviewer says in some obscure magazine, and I don't care how many or what kind of tv shows they appear on. Show me a quote where Alex, Neil or Geddy call Rush a "heavy metal" band. If you find something that sites HM as an influence on some of Rush's music, that doesn't count. Rush are whatever Rush say they are. Geddy has stated that Rush is not a heavy metal band. Case closed.

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Oct 10 2008, 10:03 AM)
I also noticed that R30 was aired on VH1 Classic the other night.  I had actually gone out to the driving range with a friend, but when I got home I saw that my wife had left me a note on the kitchen counter

"Recording channel 186 for you (Rush) even though you are a miserable son of a bitch.  xxoo"

Aint marriage grand?

yeah...grand...I was actually watching that and my husband came into the bedroom to go to sleep and said, "Oh no, not them!" ohmy.gif

and I said, "Yes, them - and I'm not turning the TV off until it's over!" wub.gif

and he said, "turn it off, they sound terrible." angry.gif

and I said, "Ah...nope!!!" cool.gif

he had no where else to sleep, as a friend of his crashed in the family room for the night...HA-ha!

After the concert they played the video for "Countdown".

The end schla03.gif

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Oct 10 2008, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 10 2008, 10:10 AM)
keep grasping at those straws KT, and consider yourself once again disproven.  doh.gif

I don't care what you or some doofus music reviewer says in some obscure magazine, and I don't care how many or what kind of tv shows they appear on. Show me a quote where Alex, Neil or Geddy call Rush a "heavy metal" band. If you find something that sites HM as an influence on some of Rush's music, that doesn't count. Rush are whatever Rush say they are. Geddy has stated that Rush is not a heavy metal band. Case closed.

Where has Geddy stated Rush are not a Heavy Metal band?

He may have said he considers Rush to be a Hard Rock band, but that does not preclude them being Metal.

Follow this here link and read the 3rd post down. This is from a board where I am as loathed and despised almost as much as here. Then when you've read it, out your head in a blender and turn it on please.

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 10 2008, 01:51 PM)

Follow this here link and read the 3rd post down. This is from a board where I am as loathed and despised almost as much as here. Then when you've read it, out your head in a blender and turn it on please.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/edgyspice/s640x480.jpg

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Oct 10 2008, 04:12 PM)

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 10 2008, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE (edgyspice @ Oct 10 2008, 04:12 PM)

rofl3.gif

yep

applaudit.gif

Archived