Best venue

analogkid

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Mar 6 2005, 05:54 AM)
I've seen them at three venues:

Wembley Arena,
Brimingham NEC,
Sheffield Arena.

In reverse order, I'd have to list them as:

Sheffield Arena - horrible sound and overly oppresive security that killed the atmosphere.

Birmingham NEC - decent sound if you get a decent position and the security are pretty resonable but a little too cavernous for my taste.

Best of all is Wembley Arena - has the same positives and negatives as Burmingham but seems a little less cavernous.  Plus, its the first place I saw Rush live so it will always have a special place in my heart.

But, oh, how I wish I could have seen them at the Hammy O - now that was a venue.

Slain, bekloppt.gif When they come back to N.Y.C You"re invited!

On the subject of UK venues. I have seen Rush at Wembley Arena, London and the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre in Glasgow.

I have to say after visiting the SECC for R30 I was not impressed with the venue. Rush of course rocked cool.gif

The first thing that greets you is a cash dispenser which stings you for a charge to withdraw money. If you go in further there is a free Bank of Scotland dispenser. So every newcomer learns once. Us Scottish have deep pockets and short arms tongue.gif

After the gig, leaving is an absolute nightmare. You have to pay on exit....why????? Everyone arrives at different times, why not charge them then. Rather than when everyone is trying to leave at the same time??

This results in massive queues and took over an hour to get back on the road.

For shear size, the best indoor venue in the UK for me is the Manchester Evening News Arena where we saw AC/DC.

Ford Ampitheather in Tampa.

After we saw RUSH in July, they have to make structural modifications to the theater because RUSH WAS TOO LOUD

Waa-freakin-waa; my ears rang for days and I had the time of my life.

NEC, Birmingham, UK on 15th Sept 04 was just great for me !!!!

But quite frankly, anywhere in the UK is a bonus these days...........let's hope we don't have to wait another 12 years before the boys come back to see us again !!!

Would you believe, I lived in Canada just down the road from Toronto in Fonthill, Ontario for 4 years in the 90's and never got to see them. fists crying.gif

How dumb is that ??? doh.gif

(Don't answer that one !!!)

GG

I'd love to hear them in RCMH and or Red Rocks this tour, but probably won't get to! sad.gif

The old Municipal Auditorium in San Antonio, TX was probably the best for me, back in 1977. A small venue with a real 'private audience' feel to it! EXCLUDING the weather factor here, I love them at the Sandstone Ampitheater in Kansas City. A near perfect outdoor venue with great sound and no bad seats in the place (except front row sad.gif I've heared it's because it sits too low in relation to the stage). San Antonio's Verizon Wireless Ampitheater was pretty good too for VT.

Archived