Hurricane Gustav

tupelobarchetta

The levees are holding up so far... let's hope they can stay up.

So glad to hear from ya, rushbass!

Another check in while I still can - believe it or not, I still have power and internet! The power is out for a good bit of the coast!

I am currently in between sqall lines... no damage to report at this point.

We are hanging in there! Of course, it is far from over, but I am happy to report, that we are safe and sound at this point...

Everyone else in the hurricane affected areas, stay safe, and you are in our prayers!

QUOTE (rushbass @ Sep 1 2008, 12:37 PM)
Another check in while I still can - believe it or not, I still have power and internet! The power is out for a good bit of the coast!

I am currently in between sqall lines... no damage to report at this point.

We are hanging in there! Of course, it is far from over, but I am happy to report, that we are safe and sound at this point...

Everyone else in the hurricane affected areas, stay safe, and you are in our prayers!

Glad to hear that ya still have power!

I am still thinking of you guys - stay safe.

Rushbass you have some big cahonas!! there is no way I would ride it out unless of course they heavily sedated me wink.gif I was in a tornado a few years ago and ever since I am a basket case through any storm and we dodn't get ones like you sad.gif

I am praying for your safety!!!

ST Nick I am praying for safety too!!!

Ghostrider I am praying for you and your family that it doesn't get too bad for your return!!!

May you all remain safe and secure!!!

God speed our prayers for you all!!!

~M~

QUOTE (chaotica @ Sep 2 2008, 07:24 AM)
Rushbass you have some big cahonas!! there is no way I would ride it out unless of course they heavily sedated me wink.gif I was in a tornado a few years ago and ever since I am a basket case through any storm and we dodn't get ones like you sad.gif

I am praying for your safety!!!

ST Nick I am praying for safety too!!!

Ghostrider I am praying for you and your family that it doesn't get too bad for your return!!!

May you all remain safe and secure!!!

God speed our prayers for you all!!!

~M~

I only stayed based on the projected path, which had me in the best case scenario...

That's not to say that there wasn't damage over here... we have major power outages along the Mississippi Gulf Coast (especially west of me), a friend of mine 5 miles from me has a tree on top of his house, there was flooding just a few miles down the road from me...

I guess, I just took my chances, and prayed for the best, and got lucky this time.

Prayers going out to all affected by this storm... may your recovery and healing come swiftly!

Cowtothesky (Dave)... how's the weather up there??? The radar this morning looks pretty nasty in your area... Stay safe!

Here is a couple of photo galleries of my home town (Biloxi) and surrounding areas... showing the destruction that we received, for those interested...

http://www.sunherald.com/414/gallery/783371.html

http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=8930429&nav=menu40_1

Remember, that our friends in Louisiana got more than this... keep them in your prayers as well!

At this stage, it's possible for Hanna to reach NC, but it's still unclear since there several projected paths and where it will make land fall.

Oh, and even though Fay didn't hit us, we got the remnants of it and were still threatened with tornados. So there is that to consider.

Archived