How to get Permanet Marker off is now...

D-13

D, your helmet looks AWESOME!! cool.gif

Heart is a great band, if only for them being women & making a name for themselves. however, nancy kicks ass on the guitar, which is enough to inspire all us chicks to keep at it with whatever instrument we play..they're an inspiration to all us girl-musicians! they're not kickin as much as they used to, they're gettin pretty old you know, but i wouldn't say they're a tired band. they've still got plenty of fans! 1287.gif

let's see..household cleaners, ethanol, classic rock..

The ethanol we use in the lab is 95%, very strong stuff. The only problem is that they add Methanol as well to the mixture, which in terms of cleaning and stain removing properties adds nothing more, but is a neurotoxin to humans. When ingested, the enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase breaks down methanol to form formaldehyde, which causes blindness. I wouldnt suggest drinking it at all.

As far as obtaining ethanol, any alcoholic beverage will contain this. The higher the level of alcohol, the equivalent level ethanol there will be. Rubbing alcohol, or Isopropyl alcohol is also a common household disinfectant that would work equally as effectivly.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 12 2005, 06:28 PM)
The ethanol we use in the lab is 95%, very strong stuff. The only problem is that they add Methanol as well to the mixture, which in terms of cleaning and stain removing properties adds nothing more, but is a nuerotoxin to humans. When ingested, the enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase breaks down methanol to form formaldehyde, which causes blindness. I wouldnt suggest drinking it at all.

As far as obtaining ethanol, any alcoholic beverage will contain this. The higher the level of alcohol, the equivalent level ethanol there will be. Rubbing alcohol, or Isopropyl alcohol is also a common household disinfectant that would work equally as effectivly.

Uhh... Yeah, I was about to say that.

sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 12 2005, 07:28 PM)
The ethanol we use in the lab is 95%, very strong stuff. The only problem is that they add Methanol as well to the mixture, which in terms of cleaning and stain removing properties adds nothing more, but is a neurotoxin to humans. When ingested, the enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase breaks down methanol to form formaldehyde, which causes blindness. I wouldnt suggest drinking it at all.

exactly...I read that in my book that it could cause blindness smile.gif

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Feb 12 2005, 07:16 PM)
D, your helmet looks AWESOME!! cool.gif

Heart is a great band, if only for them being women & making a name for themselves. however, nancy kicks ass on the guitar, which is enough to inspire all us chicks to keep at it with whatever instrument we play..they're an inspiration to all us girl-musicians! they're not kickin as much as they used to, they're gettin pretty old you know, but i wouldn't say they're a tired band. they've still got plenty of fans! 1287.gif

let's see..household cleaners, ethanol, classic rock..

Thanks!!! I concur about your statement about Heart!! biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 12 2005, 06:15 PM)
QUOTE (sfuentes @ Feb 12 2005, 04:10 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 12 2005, 03:02 PM)
Fat old chicks.

My thoughts exactly. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

laugh.gif

mad.gif they friggin are rad!!!!!....do you see any other girls trying what they do? oh wait...theres Britney 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

That's right chickie!!! Heart rocks....nothing like family harmony, Ann Wilson is a great vocalist, and Nancy Wilson is an amazing guitar player!!

Archived