Film Camera's at Rush Show..

Phantom

New to the board, so apologies if this has been posted already.

I was at the Toronto show, and noticed several camera's filming selected songs from the second set, and the second set only.

Rumors include that the footage will be used to " fix up " the Rotterdam DVD, as well as a second rumor that there was a white board near the camera's that read " Rush 3D ". ( Possibly some bonus material for the upcoming DVD release )

Any further info from anyone else?

I saw the Rush 3D signs too (I was at the Toronto show as well) and I remember seeing them at one other Rush show this year (cant remember which).

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jul 14 2008, 06:20 PM)
I was also at the show. A bunch of us were discussing these cameras.

We thought they were Imax cameras ohmy.gif

but we could be wrong

Thats what I was hoping for! I'd love to see an Imax or 3D Rush film come out, like what they did with U2. You wouldnt be able to pull me out of the theater haha.

Apparently there were multiple lenses on the camera? ( I saw 2 ), and read somewhere that multiple lenses on a camera means it's 3D equip?

I find it hard to imagine that the boys would put out a DVD that had " 3D " footage in it. The DVD would have to come w' glasses, and I just can't picture the guys thinking doing that.

QUOTE (Phantom @ Jul 14 2008, 06:26 PM)
Apparently there were multiple lenses on the camera? ( I saw 2 ), and read somewhere that multiple lenses on a camera means it's 3D equip?

I find it hard to imagine that the boys would put out a DVD that had " 3D " footage in it. The DVD would have to come w' glasses, and I just can't picture the guys thinking doing that.

Yeah I was down near the front (13th row from the stage) and could clearly see that there were 2 cameras mounted there. When my husband and I saw it we were hoping more along the lines of a concert movie that would be released to the theaters in 3D format, they had a lot of success when they did it with U2. It probably wont happen, but I can still dream.

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Jul 14 2008, 06:32 PM)

Yeah I was down near the front (13th row from the stage) and could clearly see that there were 2 cameras mounted there. When my husband and I saw it we were hoping more along the lines of a concert movie that would be released to the theaters in 3D format, they had a lot of success when they did it with U2. It probably wont happen, but I can still dream.

Wow, that's amazing... I was 12th row on the floor... on Geddy's side... Aisle seat !

Hoping that my buddy and I made it onto the footage !

wink.gif

QUOTE (Phantom @ Jul 14 2008, 06:34 PM)

Wow, that's amazing... I was 12th row on the floor... on Geddy's side... Aisle seat !

wink.gif

Seriously? We were on Geddys side too! Maybe you saw us, my husband probably stood out the most, he was wearing a t-shirt that said "F*** the Oaks!" (In reference to 'The Trees') of course. He had long brown crazy hair and was in the isle a lot of the time, rocking out. I was sitting next to him with a big, oversized pin featured a picture of 1970s Geddy. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Jul 14 2008, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jul 14 2008, 06:20 PM)
I was also at the show. A bunch of us were discussing these cameras.

We thought they were Imax cameras ohmy.gif

but we could be wrong

Thats what I was hoping for! I'd love to see an Imax or 3D Rush film come out, like what they did with U2. You wouldnt be able to pull me out of the theater haha.

2.gif MARATHON

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Seriously. I'd stay all damn weekend, for all of the showings.

QUOTE (Phantom @ Jul 14 2008, 07:26 PM)

You have to put on your three-D glasses! or you'll only be seeing this thing in ..one-half D!

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Jul 14 2008, 06:42 PM)

wink.gif

Seriously? We were on Geddys side too! Maybe you saw us, my husband probably stood out the most, he was wearing a t-shirt that said "F*** the Oaks!" (In reference to 'The Trees') of course. He had long brown crazy hair and was in the isle a lot of the time, rocking out. I was sitting next to him with a big, oversized pin featured a picture of 1970s Geddy. biggrin.gif

No way !

As we sat down, I said to my buddy. Look at the guy w' the " F**k the oaks t shirt. " ! You were a row behind us, and the aisle was on your left. We were the row in front of you, but for us, the aisle was on my right. My buddy and I both picked up the embroidered Snakes and Arrows T-shirts. White w' black lettering.

Tell hubby his shirt is a classic !

QUOTE (Phantom @ Jul 15 2008, 01:02 PM)
QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Jul 14 2008, 06:42 PM)

wink.gif

No way !

As we sat down, I said to my buddy. Look at the guy w' the " F**k the oaks t shirt. " ! You were a row behind us, and the aisle was on your left. We were the row in front of you, but for us, the aisle was on my right. My buddy and I both picked up the embroidered Snakes and Arrows T-shirts. White w' black lettering.

Tell hubby his shirt is a classic !

Haha! That is hilarious! My husband appreciates the comment, he got tons of feedback on that one! At least you guys in Toronto got it. When he wore it to the concert in Seattle most people were just giving him strange looks.

He had it made after the first time we saw them on the second leg of the tour, we both love 'The Trees' and never thought in a million years that they would play it on the tour, so we had to commemorate it somehow haha.

And congrats on the shirts, those were nice! I got the shirt with the 'Caddy fin on it and one of the Farewell to Kings hoodies and my husband actually caught that shirt that Geddy threw out into the audience at that Toronto show. biggrin.gif

Okay, seriously. That is amazing that he caught the shirt.

When Ged threw it, it was heading right for me. I jumped to get it, and it was just beyond my fingertips. If I missed it, I'm glad he got it.

What was on the shirt?

QUOTE (Phantom @ Jul 16 2008, 09:22 AM)

When Ged threw it, it was heading right for me. I jumped to get it, and it was just beyond my fingertips. If I missed it, I'm glad he got it.

What was on the shirt?

Oh man, thats crazy! The shirt says "Henhouse" across the front (like the chicken-roasters on the stage) and you can see the back of the shirt on Rush's webiste;

http://www.rush.com/low/band.html#

Click on 'The Henhouse' under Geddy's picture.

I'm trying to get my husband to frame it/display it in our house but he just wants to hide it away in his closet. Grrr. I've been actually trying to buy it from him.

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Jul 16 2008, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (Phantom @ Jul 16 2008, 09:22 AM)

What was on the shirt?

Oh man, thats crazy! The shirt says "Henhouse" across the front (like the chicken-roasters on the stage) and you can see the back of the shirt on Rush's webiste;

http://www.rush.com/low/band.html#

Click on 'The Henhouse' under Geddy's picture.

I'm trying to get my husband to frame it/display it in our house but he just wants to hide it away in his closet. Grrr. I've been actually trying to buy it from him.

That is one to frame for sure....

Hey, did you hear any details about the film camera's that were rolling during the second half of the show?

Dying to know what's up with that.

Archived