Genesis division?

Steevo

I'm surprised how many times Genesis gets mentioned with Rush fans. Do most of their hardcore fans dismiss them after PG left (im guessing), or do they have many old time fans who have stuck with them through thick and thin. Thanks.

QUOTE (Steevo @ May 17 2008, 03:48 PM)
Do most of their hardcore fans dismiss them after PG left (im guessing), or do they have many old time fans who have stuck with them through thick and thin. Thanks.

I can't speak for everyone, but I like the post-Gabriel stuff, too. In fact, some of my favorite Genesis albums (Trick of the Tail and Duke, for example) were made after Peter left. Also, go post in my Genesis thread! laugh.gif

(Off topic, but I like the pic of Alex and Geddy in your sig!)

Why thanks Edgyspice, my fave era for them as well. Return the compliment and say yours is pretty damn cool as well...and original!! yes.gif

I'm guessing there are many Yes fans here as well (duh), which will be in the next thread I'll be searching down before I start another thrashed topic tongue.gif

I love all eras of Genesis. I find albums like Genesis, Invisible Touch and We Can't Dance don't get played quite as much as the likes of Selling England By The Pound, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway or Wind & Wuthering but I do enjoy them once in a while.

Its quite well documented around here that I'm a Genesis obsessive, it's quite close to how I feel about Rush. I'm a huge fan, my favourite era being A Trick Of The Tail through to Wind & Wuthering... perhaps even Duke sometimes... which is a hugely underrated album.

Archived