Some of My Favorite Freeware Programs

snowdogged

I just thought I would share some of the cool or useful freeware programs that I have stumbled upon over the years.

Daemon Tools: This is CD/DVD ROM emulator. You can mount CD/DVD images directly from your hard drive so you do not have to put a cd in the tray every time. I find the older versions more stable.

Daemon Tools

TVU Player: You can watch a bunch of really cool and popular television channels from the united states and around the world. This is better than any of those programs that you have to pay for to watch so called television channels.

TVU Player

Avast Personal Anti-virus: I know that many people use AVG free edition but I much prefer the Avast free edition. It has a lot more features than AVG and the coolest thing is this program sounds off alarms and even talks to you. It is also very light on resources and has a pretty good detection rate. I would never go back to AVG after using Avast.

Avast

Streamer P2P Radio: This is a cool little program that you can listen to dozens of radio stations on. You can also sometimes listen to a famous shock jock who I will leave unnamed.

Streamer

Foxit PDF Reader: This installs in seconds unlike Adobe and it is much lighter on resources.

Foxit

StumbleUpon: Do you want to find the best, most interesting and coolest sights on the internet? If you do then StumbleUpon is a must have! It is a plugin for IE or Firefox that you can spend hours finding the best sights the internet has to offer.

StumbleUpon

Arcade Classic Arcade Pack 5.0: I thought I would throw this in for anyone who wants to play some classic arcade games. Arcade Classic Arcade Pack includes nine games: Asteroids, PacMan, Frogger, Hexxagon, Pong, Snake, Space Invaders, Tetris, and Tic Tac Toe.

Arcade Games

That's it for now. If I get a good response to this I will make part two of this thread.

Double post but a couple of my personal favourites (Most being gaming related of course):

DosBox

Great for playing any old games that won't play on your current XP machine.

ScummVM

This is great for playing all old LucasArts games if you don't understand DOS too well.

Cygwin

Linux-like environment on Windows.

VDMSound

A tool that allows sound emulation for old games on new soundcards.

Archived