Definitely Maybe

anagramking

Saw this one last night. Excellent performances from Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine, some might remember), Isla Fisher (Sacha Baron Cohen's girlfriend in real life) and Rachel Weisz. Ryan Reynolds, the male lead, was so-so. Some might remember Elizabeth Banks from 40 Year Old Virgin. She played the "freak." Totally different character in this one,though. It was an interesting story, and I also liked how they were able to throw in a few funny reminders that the movie took place during the 90s.

Aside from the movie, we went to a Muvico theater for the first time. What stands out here is the premier section of the theater, which we just had to try out once. They have a restaurant attached, and you can bring that food into the theater. The concessions include wine and beer, and burgers and flatbread pizza, aside from the usual stuff. The premier section is the balcony of a big theater, and it's all loveseats up there. There is a lot of room to stretch out. The real drawback of the experience is that it's pretty expensive. It's something to try once, anyway. I could see doing this for a movie I really want to see in a theater, and not very often. Edit: I should also add that the premier section is 21 and over. That means no screaming kids in that section.

Edited by anagramking

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Feb 25 2008, 03:52 AM)
I thought it was alright, better than I was expecting. I thought the recreation of the election race was way cooler than the actual film though...

And oh yeah, Rachel Weisz is awesome.

My wife and I saw it for Valentine's night, aww shucks, gee whiz etc....

Much better than I expected. Kevin Kline was fantastic!

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 25 2008, 10:06 AM)
I thought it was alright, better than I was expecting. I thought the recreation of the election race was way cooler than the actual film though...

Yeah, Valentines is when I saw it too laugh.gif

Kevin Kline, Weisz and whoever played the main characters best friend (Derek Luke?) were my favourites, and what made the movie a little more than just run of the mill. Abigail Breslin was pretty cool, too.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 25 2008, 09:06 AM)

I forgot to mention Kline's role. That character was hilarious.