Ticketmaster question

scottw

I have read where it may be the best idea to actually go to a Ticketmaster outlet right when tickets go on sale and get them there instead of doing the on-line thing. Do Ticketmaster outlets have better/more seats available than using Ticketmaster on-line? Thanks in advance.

I think the advantage of going in person would be that you can request certain sections from the customer service rep as opposed to being stuck with what you get online and have no option of choosing by section. Of course for a real fast selling show, by the time you ask the person for a certain section you end up being in the back of the upper bowl b/c the show sells out in 8 minutes. I would be surprised that the outlet has different seats to offer as opposed to online. But maybe.

I am longing for the day when I can request seats by section# and not by price level or arena level on the internets. Or how about a map of the arena showing you the available seats? and then being able to choose from those.

I haven't bought Rush from a ticketbastard outlet since VT, but i have bought for a few other shows in the last couple years. For shows where big lines form, my outlet does a lottery to see who's first in line (no bother showing up early). Then they take your name, credit card and as soon as it turns 10 they start pumping out tickets then call you up to ring it up. I've had pretty good luck getting tix that way, but usually not great seats. Got PJ tix that way.. was lucky in the lottery cause it sold out in like 10 minutes.

For the VT tour, i remember the dude in front of me only bought one ticket and he got in the pit. I was like, damn!

I may just try that again, but after trying the presale first of course. And having a friend online at the same time.

Good luck!! 2.gif

I bought my ticket for the first leg at the Ticketmaster outlet about 2 weeks before the show. I ended up with some of the worst seats in the venue. When I got home I checked online for tickets and found one in the section right by the stage for the same price I payed for my crappy seats, I was angry. So I think you have a better chance buying online, because you can just keep refreshing and you might end up with better seats.

Archived