Kid Gloves

Alsgalpal

QUOTE (redstar86 @ Jan 15 2005, 01:57 PM)
What is the metaphor behind "putting on your kid gloves?" I have often sat and wondered what it means.

To handle with kid gloves means to handle with care/caution.

So I guess it means that growing up where is tough to be cool and cool to be tough we all tread carefully in the hard knock school. An' it about kids and youth, so kid gloves is a good image to use.

QUOTE (BigG @ Jan 16 2005, 06:18 PM)
QUOTE (redstar86 @ Jan 15 2005, 01:57 PM)
What is the metaphor behind "putting on your kid gloves?" I have often sat and wondered what it means.

To handle with kid gloves means to handle with care/caution.

So I guess it means that growing up where is tough to be cool and cool to be tough we all tread carefully in the hard knock school. An' it about kids and youth, so kid gloves is a good image to use.

Exactly.

To me, Kid Gloves has to be Rush's most low-key, underrated achievement. That opening guitar riff is just awesome and Geddy's bass compliments that riff in a way that really brings that one to life. It's a pretty easy song, for you guitar players out there. Here's a link for a tab for Kid Gloves. http://www.tabcrawler.com/archive.php?acti...t=rush&song=kid gloves It isn't the greatest as a whole, but the poening riff is tabbed really well. I encourge learning this riff if anyone doesn't already know it!

Archived