Chris Rea

Hatchetaxe&saw

It was announced on the radio that Ireland's favourite Middlesbrough native is touring next year. My wife initimated that she would like to go and see Mr Smoky Voice.

I got her a 3 cd compilation, wow, it certainly woke up some dormant memories.

Wired To The Moon and Shamrock Diaries were my favourite albums when I was about 14. I love Bombollini off Wired, and Stainsby Girls is just the coolest.

Let's Dance and Auberge were pretty good too. Driving Home For Christmas is officially the greatest Christmas song ever!!

Now, he could be a little snoozy, so laid back he was almost horizontal, and Road To Hell is awful, but respect is long overdue.

I think I'll be going to see him next year...........

I'm not sure how well known he is Stateside, apart from the fact that Fool If You Think It's Over(no, Elkie Brookes did not write it!!) got to No 12 in the singles charts.

Anybody got any thoughts on him?

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 24 2007, 06:02 AM)
QUOTE (Tom C @ Oct 24 2007, 11:00 AM)
I heard he was getting together with Mark Knopfler to resurrect his old band. They are going to call themselves Dire Rea.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Years since I heard that one!!

laugh.gif

yes, I can remember stuff from years ago, but yesterday...............

bumper.gif

Bumping one of one's most least interacted threads is quite dispiriting, but seeing as two of them were from my favourite Derbeian, my spirits were soon recovered!

Now, Mr. Rea is back in September with "The Santo Spirito Project" containing two feature-length films on DVD written and directed by Chris and 2 accompanying CDs of related songs and music.

And he's touring. His 2008 show I was at was rather brilliant. He's some slide player.