Any one played the new squier series?

mortkort

I got the fretless jazz. It's really nice. I can sound like Geddy or Jaco just by favoring a pick up and turning the tone. I like it. Only thing is my has a bent pot thing soo the knob isnt straight and by the head stock its a little rough but i like it very thing neck. And the sustain isnt too good. I plan on putting a badass bridge on it. Once i save up some cash. The pickups are great too. Overall its a great bass and a even better deal.

msn_sheep.png

Edited by BL2112

yep, i got the vintage modified jazz bass and i think its awesome for the price. Ive played the fender geddy model too, and i think the vintage modified has the punchy sound that the ged model has. the geddy bass is of course better, but the squier is really nice non the less.

oh, msn_sheep.png

Edited by mortkort

Any Squire can be set up to play very nicely so I wouldn't worry too much about the quality issue. I would change out the tuners for sure. The tuners that came on my squire were very poor quality. For $40.00 you can get a set of Grover Tuners which will make a world of difference.

I'd say go for it but you have too many guitars as it is! laugh.gif

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Sep 27 2007, 03:32 PM)
Any Squire can be set up to play very nicely so I wouldn't worry too much about the quality issue.  I would change out the tuners for sure.  The tuners that came on my squire were very poor quality.  For $40.00 you can get a set of Grover Tuners which will make a world of difference. 

I'd say go for it but you have too many guitars as it is! laugh.gif

hehe... almost cant get enough guitars!

i talked to a guy that works for fender thats often at the music shop, i asked him about the new squire guitars and he said that they are very nice guitars, nothing like the old squiers he said, like the affinity series or something.