Writing New Material???( Rumor)

presto123

My feeling, as always, is: whatever more we get from Rush is a blessing. whether it is one more, two more, or even more. I do believe there will be at least one more, and maybe more likely two. I have to disagree that the next album will be three or four years down the line. I think 2009 will be the year of the next album. They won't take more than two years to get it out. That is why, if they go another 5 years, we'll get two, maybe three more albums.

But who knows, right? How far, if at all, do the guys want to go into their 60's playing and touring? They're not like Yes, and need to hit the road to make the money. They could walk away anytime they want. They didn't have Brian Lane screwing them out of royalties and such.

So, in short, I see at least two moer albums from the guys, tour DVD's of each tour, as well as live CD's. Hey, why not? It's all quality stuff, and we're buying!!!

Chris

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a bad feeling about a second leg of this tour.

If its true.

i got a bad feeling, if they are going out on an extensive 2 leg tour, hitting every major and medium size city that feels like an unstated farewell tour to me.

i almost hope the second leg is NOT a reality.

I'd rather them go home happy after this current tour, refreshed, maybe wrote some material. feeling good. feeling high about still being vital and having a successful tour, good following and go on vacations.

then build on that good feeling and tour writing in the spring of 2008 and go towards another CD.

i would feel better about their ongoing that way. All members of Rush have commented on having the sentiment that they are older, a tour is draining, interrupts lives, etc.

visiting every city they probalby ever toured to, scares me.

And i dont believe gotbass until he posts a credible story how he was backstage.

QUOTE (friendlyvoice @ Sep 7 2007, 05:44 PM)
Maybe they've been so pleased with how this record turned out, while at the same time realizing they're not getting any younger, that the general idea is, "Why screw around and wait? If we're having fun and feeling creative, let's keep this going."

We probably would've had a new album 2 or 3 years ago (not covers) if they hadn't decided to do the R30 tour.

I recall reading where geddy or Alex said they wanted to go right back into the studio after the Vapor Trails tour, but the R30 idea and the Feedback idea came, so they were delayed.

These guys will probably keep writing and recording and touring as long as they think they still have something to say (musically, that is.) They don't have to prove anything to anyone, chances are they don't need the money, so they do it because it is such a huge part of what they are, individually and collectively.

My feeling is that the second leg of this tour came up because they were killing it on this first leg so much. Strike while the iron is hot! They are drawing large crowds and great reviews where ever they go. The show I went to in Bristow, VA, was PACKED! I saw Yes in the same venue 7 years earlier, and they had a crowd about 1/3 of the size. The pavillion wasn't even full.

I guess I have come to accept that there are a subset of Rush fans who are worriers by nature. They take any little thing and blow it up into a reason why this tour will be the last. These are probably the same people who, in the 80's said Neil had cancer, and that the guys were going to complete one more set of four albums, relase a live album, and call it quits. That would have been Test for Echo and Differnt Stages. And that was Ten years ago. I know eventually, one of these predictions is going to come true, but I have been hearing about the end of Rush for over 20 years now, and it just doesn't phase me anymore.

Chris

Archived