Why???

Coltonz

Okay.. I'm a 14 year old kid living in NW Ontario. My Dad's on a veteran's pension and my mom works a crappy secretary job in a tourist business. Whenever big bands go on tour, we can only see them if they go to Winnipeg because we can't afford to go anywhere else. I have never been to a Rush concert before, and I wont be going this time around.

But... Does anyone know why they never go to Winnipeg?

Good question. They got that brand spankin' new arena there. Three quarters of a million people, there must be a few Rush fans in the 'Peg.

Calgary has over a million people and the Saddledome was only about 60-70% full at the VT show in'02. I would imagine Winnipeg would draw less than Calgary.

QUOTE (Coltonz @ May 6 2007, 07:30 AM)
Okay.. I'm a 14 year old kid living in NW Ontario. My Dad's on a veteran's pension and my mom works a crappy secretary job in a tourist business. Whenever big bands go on tour, we can only see them if they go to Winnipeg because we can't afford to go anywhere else. I have never been to a Rush concert before, and I wont be going this time around.

But... Does anyone know why they never go to Winnipeg?

When asked in the past about playing Winnipeg, Geddy has remarked that the band did not remember ever doing particularly well there, which was one of the reasons they didn't include it in their tour itinerary.

Having said that, I would suspect that if Winnipeg is ever going to get another shot at a Rush show, the rumoured second North American Leg would be the best time for this to happen.

What part of NW Ontario are you in? I'm in Thunder Bay. I missed last tour because there wasn't a viable option close to here. St. Paul this time give me that option, luckily. Hope the Peg gets a show for you!

Archived