Review and Retiring

lerkst

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (lerkst @ May 1 2007, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE (maxdistortion @ May 1 2007, 05:45 PM)
I just wanna say one thing.  first of all, you guys are INTERESTING.  I've never seen such polar opposite reactions to an album ever.  I think its more severe HERE than the Metallica's St. Anger debate!

Anyways......for one thing, I think S&A is allright.  Better than VT, maybe on par with T4E and Counterparts, but...theres still something to be desired.

The mood of the album is slow, and some find it horrendously boring.  Thats cool.  I can see that.

Now...lets fast forward to 2010.  I can see it now.  January 1st, 2010--Rush releases a record they've worked on for a year...and they experiment with lower tunings, have more complex arrangements, faster beats, and a couple more complex instrumentals.  THIS is something that I would look forward to.  What do you guys think?

I think I'll buy the new Rage against the Machine album instead.

theres a new rage album coming out???ohmy.gif

I like it. A lot. probably my favorite since Grace Under Pressure. But sadly, and honestly, I don't think another album by anyone in the history of time will reach the awesomeness of Grace Under Pressure, or any of their works before that. in my opinion, this one is damn good, but Grace Under Pressure was the last "masterpiece" the world will ever see. by anyone.

QUOTE (Lamneth @ May 2 2007, 10:36 PM)
I like it. A lot. probably my favorite since Grace Under Pressure. But sadly, and honestly, I don't think another album by anyone in the history of time will reach the awesomeness of Grace Under Pressure, or any of their works before that. in my opinion, this one is damn good, but Grace Under Pressure was the last "masterpiece" the world will ever see. by anyone.

That seems a bit dramatic. But Grace Under Pressure certainly hasn't been topped yet.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 2 2007, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (Thud @ May 2 2007, 04:39 PM)
Stating an opinion on an album and direction of a rock group is flaming??

Absolutely not...but there are probably better (and more respectful) ways to state your opinions.

No offence, but your post didn't exactly come across as anything constructive in terms of criticism. It sounded alot more like simply burying them because this album didn't meet your standards.

My comment had nothing to do with your opinion, as much as it had to do with HOW you made your opinion known. That's just my 2 cents.

goodpost.gif Amen...........................And Yes, Pun intended

Archived