Rush-related Sighting

OldRod

Got home from a business trip on Friday and as I pulled in the garage I checked my tripometer so I could write the mileage down on my expense report.

211.2 miles

Oddly enough "Lakeside Park" had just come up on my iPod random play list as I pulled in home

1022.gif

QUOTE (ifloveremains @ Apr 28 2007, 09:14 PM)
Not so much of a "sighting", but at my school between class they played YYZ over the PA. Too bad people only recognized it from Guitar Hero. XP

Yeah, YYZ is the only Rush song anybody knows.

Well, actually...

I tried bringing Red Sector A in for the Holocaust lesson in history and it definitely did NOT receive rave reviews. As one kid said, "It kind of sucked." sad.gif

There was one kid who was a non-believer but I thought would like Rush if he got the right stuff. I burned him a CD of more guitar-heavy and accessible tracks and he now thinks Rush is awesome! How cool is that?

This was weird, it actually happened last year in english class when I was reading Ghost Rider during free time. A girl that I knew came up to me and said that her sister was reading the book and said that she had been telling her how sad it was. So I asked her if her sister was into Rush. She said no. I asked her how her sister had found the book and she replied that she had been at a friends house and borrowed it from there.

I never realized that there were so many people who picked up the book purely because it seemed interesting, not because they knew who Rush was.

QUOTE (udanax @ Apr 30 2007, 12:33 AM)

I never realized that there were so many people who picked up the book purely because it seemed interesting, not because they knew who Rush was.

I've often wondered about that... if there are Neil fans out there who read his books and don't realize who he is, or have never heard of Rush.

Guess there's at least one smile.gif

Archived