Walmart version of S&A to include video download?

workingman

From Blabbermouth :

According to a posting on the RUSH fan site Power Windows, Wal-Mart is offering a special CD version of the new RUSH album "Snakes & Arrows" which will come with an "exclusive video download." Due on May 1, this package will include a video clip from the upcoming VH1 special on RUSH, which is said to consist of Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson's appearance on XM Radio's "Artist Confidential" from 2004. The video is obtainable via a special code which is included either in the Wal-Mart packaging or embedded in the CD itself, which allows the purchaser to download the video. Note: This video will NOT include the acoustic performances of "Heart Full of Soul" and "Resist", which were a part of the original audio broadcast which aired on XM Radio in October 2004.

"Snakes & Arrows", along with the new LINKIN PARK album, will be the first albums released on Warner Music's new "DVD Album" format in addition to the standard CD format. This format is rumored to be a 25,000-copy limited edition and will include a special 26-page booklet.

I'll remember not to buy it at Wal-Mart then. I can't stand these exclusive tracks/videos/whatever that everyone seems to be doing now. One album I got recently was available with almost a full album's worth of exclusive songs and remixes scattered across Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Circuit City, etc., so you needed to buy at least 3 copies to get everything. It's a totally ridiculous money grab for the major retailers.

It'll be up on Youtube within a month anyways.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 6 2007, 08:25 PM)
I'll remember not to buy it at Wal-Mart then. I can't stand these exclusive tracks/videos/whatever that everyone seems to be doing now. One album I got recently was available with almost a full album's worth of exclusive songs and remixes scattered across Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Circuit City, etc., so you needed to buy at least 3 copies to get everything. It's a totally ridiculous money grab for the major retailers.

It'll be up on Youtube within a month anyways.

Right, it's getting quite annoying throw in Target also doing this bull shit.

Archived