Cameras

vaportrails14

Will cameras be allowed for the tour, i notice on some venue's no camera's. Unlike the concert i'm going to on ticketmast it don't say a thing about camera's. Just Rush Snakes and Arrows tour.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 4 2007, 09:36 PM)
Here in Scranton, they will let you in with a small camera. If it has a big zoom on it though, no luck.

Seriously? Wow, I have a small digital that does nice video too. A one gig SD card will give me about an hour of video. And I can really take it into the show? Awesome!!!

I went to a gig at HOB in Vegas - they took my camera off of me, but let me keep my mobile phone. I got quite a few good videos on that.

Keeping the digital camera down my trousers will be par for the course in future, although the last few times I've been to the SECC in Glasgow, they haven't been frisking folk or doing bag checks.

I think that mobile phones are allowed as it is difficult to get a really high quality photo which could be used to make posters, T-Shirts etc.

Cameras could be used for that purpose and the flash can be really distracting for the group, particularly if you are in the first few rows.

I'm really confused about the camera policy... On the Tweeter Mansfield site it states you can bring them - though no professional types ie; removable lens. It then states the the policy changes per each individual act.

Does Rush prohibit cameras as an individual band policy?

It doesn't matter if they allow or not.....just take it in. Hide it good....

I've been to tons of shows with a camera, and sometimes even a camcorder....never one problem.

It's funny because when I saw DT last year......there was a dude in front of me told security he had a camcorder, and asked if it was ok....and they said of course not and put him up against the wall....meanwhile I went past the same guards with a MiniDV cam and a digital camera....lol

QUOTE (Vtfan @ Apr 7 2007, 01:08 PM)
I'm really confused about the camera policy... On the Tweeter Mansfield site it states you can bring them - though no professional types ie; removable lens. It then states the the policy changes per each individual act.

Does Rush prohibit cameras as an individual band policy?

Not from what I have experienced. In all cases, people should call the individual venue boxoffice and ask the question for a particular show. IMO, it's never worth it to have a camera confiscated or worse yet, being booted out of a show just for the sake of taking a few souvenir pictures (which most of the time won't come out very well anyways).

I just read the policy for cameras at the venue in chicago. they allow disposable and non professional cameras. the band may change the policy but the venue allows them.

Archived