Damn. Geddy can still hit those high notes

The Owl

During my Last listen of Far Cry i noticed some of the higher notes Geddy was singing, and I thought to myself his voice may have deepened since the Farwell to King days, but damn Geddy can still hit those high notes.

Sorry in the title of this thread its supposed to be "notes" not "noted" I don't know how so mods can you please change it for me. I don't want people to think I STOOPID.

The biggest problem on R30 was his enunciation, especially on "The Spirit of Radio." It sometimes sounds like he's incapable of producing the "s" sound.

But yeah, he can still get up there (although I noticed on R30 that it seemed to take a little more effort than it used to). I just like to compare it to Greg Lake. I saw ELP in concert in 1993, and I noticed that he sang just about every song down an octave from the original recordings. Too much rock-n-roll lifestyle, I guess.

QUOTE (Sabs89 @ Mar 22 2007, 09:23 PM)
Yeah definitely. Although i hope he sounds better live. On the R30 dvd he sounded terrible.

Totally.....The Temples of Syrinx is embarrasingly awful.

He has a more varied range than ever. He can't hit that shreik like he used to, but he is in his 50's. He spends more time in the lower range now, and sometimes that is where a song belongs. Back in the day, it seemed like he could not sing anything unless he added his patented yowl. Now he seems to adapt his voice in places by using his intuition, and it pays off. smilies-8579.png

Archived