Headphones

D-13

I have been rocking with the cheap song DJ style headphones for awhile...but I was going deaf....and it's seriously not a good pair for playing drums/guitar with.

I went to the sony store the other day and got myself the MDR7505 pair and oh man...what a difference! They kick ass! I'll be using that for studio work as well biggrin.gif

What do you use for playing around, studio, recording work or just casual listening???

I've recently been looking to buy a pair of headphones for my ipod and amp (300 watt, kustom) I'm considering either:

Skullcrushers by skullcandy (they have a built in subwoofer)

or

Grado Labs SR 60 (look weird but highly rated)

or

Sennheiser HD 280 Pro (apparently very cheap for the quality)

but i dont know if they are any good wtf.gif

if anyone has any experience with these headphones or has any suggestions that would be great (I'm looking for something portable as I want to use them with my ipod)

AKG 240s or Sony "Studio" quality. I have some Sennheisers too, but I don't like them much.

Yep, AKG 240's (the studio standard) or if you can't afford those, get the AKG K-110's. You have to remember that the AKG's have a very "flat" tone, unlike most consumer headphones. They don't color the sound in any way, which is why they are used in all major studios across the world.

When I gig, I monitor through a set of Sony MDR-V150's. They are colored, sound great and have a slim low profile, also they are only $50 or so.

QUOTE (D-13 @ Mar 19 2007, 06:09 PM)
I have been rocking with the cheap song DJ style headphones for awhile...but I was going deaf....and it's seriously not a good pair for playing drums/guitar with. 

I went to the sony store the other day and got myself the MDR7505 pair and oh man...what a difference! They kick ass!  I'll be using that for studio work as well biggrin.gif

What do you use for playing around, studio, recording work or just casual listening???

LOL same thing as you now wink.gif Got 'em at GC when I was working there...they are sweet biggrin.gif

Oops, scratch that, mine are the MDR-7506 wink.gif

Edited by LakesideMaiden