2010: The Year We Make Contact

prog.fusion

after finally having seen this, it did answer a few questions from 2001. but the only thing im not quite clear on is very minimal in the stories concept.

*spoiler warning*

did the crew die at the end? the way the narration went from Floyd to his son sounded more like he was taking the eternal "sleep" rather than the one they take on their way up. i think they made it back, cause if memory serves, i think at least one crew member didn't climb in. did they have enough fuel or....?

but great movie none-the-less, dont understand the constant hate i see it get. but i guess that mostly goes because i dont expect the novel verbatim on screen, nor an exact replica of Kubrick's film.

I wouldn't know, because I haven't seen it... which is why I'm here to ask...

Do you recommend it? The two of my friends who have watched can't agree...

look to the last thing i said in my initial post, and then ask yourself if your friends are basing their opinion on either of the two things.

its a good movie. its not Kubrick. its not the novel. if you expect that, 1) you're very ignorant, and 2) you're gonna get let down.

but for what the movie really is, yes, IMO, it is good.

QUOTE (prog.fusion @ Feb 25 2007, 04:26 PM)
after finally having seen this, it did answer a few questions from 2001. but the only thing im not quite clear on is very minimal in the stories concept.

*spoiler warning*

did the crew die at the end? the way the narration went from Floyd to his son sounded more like he was taking the eternal "sleep" rather than the one they take on their way up. i think they made it back, cause if memory serves, i think at least one crew member didn't climb in. did they have enough fuel or....?

but great movie none-the-less, dont understand the constant hate i see it get. but i guess that mostly goes because i dont expect the novel verbatim on screen, nor an exact replica of Kubrick's film.

Personally, I think it is made clear that they did make it back safely because, one image during the closing narration is of Floyd sat with his son underneath the two suns