Pet Peeve: The Spirit of Radio

The Notorious B.S.G.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 3 2004, 03:09 PM)
Hey I finally found a "The Spirit of the Radio" reference. It's in the Chronicles liner notes written by John Swenson.

waffen093.gif John Swenson

And if that doesn't do it, then:

bd.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 3 2004, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 3 2004, 03:09 PM)
Hey I finally found a "The Spirit of the Radio" reference.  It's in the Chronicles liner notes written by John Swenson.

waffen093.gif John Swenson

And if that doesn't do it, then:

bd.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Hero of Nobody @ Dec 2 2004, 07:14 PM)
I just checked as well.

Permanent Waves (Vinyl and CD) - THE Spirit of Radio
Exit Stage Left - THE Spirit of Radio
Different Stages - THE Spirit of Radio
Rush in Rio - THE Spirit of Radio
The Police Ghost in the Machine - Spirits in THE Material World
Led Zeppelin Houses of the Holy - THE Crunge

What were we talking about again? confused13.gif

My copy of ESL is weird: the sleeve says The Spirit of Radio while the actual label says Spirit of Radio (its an original vinyl copy I won on a coach trip to see them on the ESL tour).

Permanent Waves - My original cassette copy says Spirit of Radio on both the tape and the inlay.

7" and 12" singles both say Spirit of Radio on both sleeve and label.

However, other singles released at the same time do say The Spirit of Radio and, in the Permanent Waves Tour Programme,, Neil calls it The Spirit of Radio so I suppose that's the correct name and my releases are wrong.

Och! As I was reading the post about pet peeves, I was trying to figure out what mine was until I came upon a post using the word PEDANTIC and thats when I realized what my pet peeve is. Anything pertaining to book smarts over common sense. My sister is a teacher who went to one of best colleges on Long Island all her friends are teachers also and whatever they say is right no matter the discussion or their reaction is right in any situation. When my sis has a party at her house and I'm surrounded by this way of thinking, I find it refreshing to know that I can blow their minds being a non-college business oriented type that can debate and be able have backup to win any topic and they get stuck with a look like they missed a paragraph in a book that was the source of all their knowledge. It's like they're computers and smoke starts pouring out of their ears when the are defeated by a mere mortal. Please human common sense and instinct to survive is all you need. Sorry for rambling.

Archived