This is just sickening

D-13

I'm pissed off about this. Stupid move by Rolling Stone. Little respect for them now...didn't have much for them before. Jann Wenner needs to just leave...in my mind. Although i'm sure that wouldn't change anything.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/951...has-player=true

Wanna Write for Rolling Stone?

Rock & roll.

Fame.

Deadlines.

Sound good to you? Here's your chance to apply for the life you always wanted.

Rolling Stone is looking for aspiring amateur journalists to compete for a one-year staff position with the magazine -- while MTV tapes the competition for a new reality series. Working with the magazine's top editors, competitors will hone their writing skills and secure interviews with major musicians, actors, and politicians.

"Throughout our history we have seen the careers of some of the nation's most notable journalists flourish, including Cameron Crowe and the late Hunter S. Thompson," says Rolling Stone founder and publisher Jann Wenner. "We're anxious to meet the candidates and welcome them into the Rolling Stone family as they embark on their professional careers."

If you think you're made for Rolling Stone and MTV, here's what you need to know:

*The show will be taped for three months from June to August in New York City.

*To be eligible to apply, you must be at least 18 by June 9.

*You must be legally able to work in the U.S.

*Your first deadline: The application, including writing samples and a short videotape, must be received by April 21st.

Interested? Then get going.

You know, as much as I hate Rolling Stone, I would totally try out for this show if I was 18. That would be such a good break for an aspiring music journalist like myself.

This is actually the first decent idea for a show that MTV has had in years, and the first one that has anything remotely to do with music. Everything else on that station is endless reruns of "Yo Momma" and "Pimp My Ride" and "Next."

Archived