'American Idol' returns in January!

Jack Aubrey

She Who Must Be Obeyed loves this show so I had to post this.

From Coming Soon

American Idol Returns on Tuesday, Jan. 18

Source: Fox

November 17, 2004

Fox's American Idol has set the stage to return in January. Last season, approximately 65 million votes were cast in the finale, naming Fantasia the third American Idol, joining previous winners Kelly Clarkson and Ruben Studdard.

American Idol is back for its fourth season and another quest to discover America's most talented singer. An all-new season with new contestants and the best and worst of auditions from around the nation begins with a special two-hour season premiere episode Tuesday, Jan. 18 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and a special one-hour episode Wednesday, Jan. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT).

This past summer, American Idol traveled to seven cities across the country, looking for the next singing superstar. Episodes featuring the audition cities of Cleveland, St. Louis, Washington, DC, New Orleans, Orlando, Las Vegas and San Francisco will air on three consecutive Tuesdays, Jan. 18 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), Jan. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and Feb. 1 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT), and three Wednesdays, Jan. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT), Jan. 26 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Feb. 2 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). Those who survived the American Idol judges in the audition cities will be highlighted in the semifinal round, which will air on Tuesdays, Feb. 8 and 15 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and Wednesdays, Feb. 9 and 16 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). Then, tune in to the first performance show of the new season on Tuesday, Feb. 22 (8:30-10:00 PM ET/PT).

Host Ryan Seacrest and America's favorite judges, Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson, all return to lend their professional expertise, personal comments and often-unwanted criticism to this season's crop of aspiring singers. Some will get the judges' approval and others will learn the hard truth! Tune in to see who survives and who goes home!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 17 2004, 10:55 PM)
062802puke_prv.gif

My thoughts exactly. . . I wonder what kind of cookie-cutter junk they will toss at us next? (Though as an aside, I have to say Ruben can sing...and he wasn't as cookie-cutter as some of the other contestants)

What does it matter who wins anymore? It seems like all these people on the show have a shelflife of about a year before no one cares about them. And as for Fantasia, I've never even heard of her, has she signed a contract and made a song or anything? Actually its kinda funny, a couple months ago on the BART, some chick from Sacramento bumped into me and we were talking a bit. She was down in SF for the Idol audition with all her friends and they were all hardcore idol fans, the kind you would expect to see to go all out in tears if they didnt get in.

Cant stand the show personally, maybe it would have a little more credibility to it if the music business were actually trying to get these people lasting careers. But as it stands, the people who go up there almost look like actors playing the part of the kid next door with a good singing voice. Once the show is over, they are no longer needed and the company doesnt try to continue them in the field. bsg.gif

Edited by Moonraker