Limelight by rushfanNlv and KirkDS

rushfanNlv

When Mixing, NEVER put anything 'straight-up' in the pan setting. This includes vocals. Always give each instrument it's own position/space.

Listen to old Van Halen recordings and they way they are panned, and sound just fine!

Well, I recorded Tom Sawyer last night. I'm not completely happy with it but hey, this is just for fun. Having to record the guitar with only one amp sounds totally different than when I play with both amps. Having one wet and one dry signal to mix together would be ideal but that will have to wait until santa brings me another SM57. biggrin.gif Oh and Launchpad, I took your suggestion and separated the drums and guitar tracks which worked out really well. My 4-track has an EQ, one for left and one for right. Panning the drums a little right and the guitar a little left allowed me to EQ the two sounds somewhat independently for one another. Thanks for the tip.

Anyway, here is KirkDS on drums with Rushfan playing Tom Sawyer. Remember you may have to disable your pop up blocker or click "play the song".

Edited by rushfanNlv

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Sep 22 2006, 11:09 AM)
Well, I recorded Tom Sawyer last night.  I'm not completely happy with it but hey, this is just for fun.  Having to record the guitar with only one amp sounds totally different than when I play with both amps.  Having one wet and one dry signal to mix together would be ideal but that will have to wait until santa brings me another SM57. biggrin.gif  Oh and Launchpad, I took your suggestion and separated the drums and guitar tracks which worked out really well.  My 4-track has an EQ, one for left and one for right.  Panning the drums a little right and the guitar a little left allowed me to EQ the two sounds somewhat independently for one another. Thanks for the tip.

Anyway, here is KirkDS on drums with Rushfan playing Tom Sawyer.  Remember you may have to disable your pop up blocker or click "play the song".

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Sounds great bro!!! trink39.gif

Nice avatar BTW. wink.gif

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Sep 24 2006, 12:50 PM)
QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Sep 24 2006, 01:36 PM)
Thanks bro! 

Yeah, I like the Avatar too. wink.gif

Oh..you took away your Mickey Mouse ears sad.gif

tongue.gif

They actually got ruined on my last disneyland trip. sad.gif I left them on the dashboard in my car in the warm Califonia sun and the windshield bent one of the ears back towards the read of the hat. When I took them out of the car, the ear had melted and stuck that way. angry.gif Now when I wear the hat, I look even dumber than before. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 24 2006, 01:41 PM)
You definitely have that ESL tone down. 1022.gif

Thanks a lot because that's exactly what I am going for. trink39.gif

I always figure the studio stuff has been layered so much that it's almost impossible to reproduce but the live stuff is within reach.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Sep 24 2006, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 24 2006, 01:41 PM)
You definitely have that ESL tone down.  1022.gif

Thanks a lot because that's exactly what I am going for. trink39.gif

I always figure the studio stuff has been layered so much that it's almost impossible to reproduce but the live stuff is within reach.

That's how I always look at playing these songs. How did (or would) Alex play this stuff live?

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Sep 29 2006, 12:40 PM)
Ok. I have finally finished Red Barchetta. I'm not 100% happy with the overtones but the whammy bar part and the solo turned out cool! biggrin.gif

KirkDS on Drums and Me on Guitar Playing Red Barchetta

Wow dude....I like what you've done with it. Really nice feel on the heavy rythm parts. Sounds great.....(except for the horrendous drumming!)

QUOTE (KirkDS @ Sep 30 2006, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Sep 29 2006, 12:40 PM)
Ok.  I have finally finished Red Barchetta.  I'm not 100% happy with the overtones but the whammy bar part and the solo turned out cool! biggrin.gif

KirkDS on Drums and Me on Guitar Playing Red Barchetta

Wow dude....I like what you've done with it. Really nice feel on the heavy rythm parts. Sounds great.....(except for the horrendous drumming!)

You have got to be high! cool.gif That is some of the best drumming I have heard man. It's an honor to play with you even though were not even in the same state.

Thanks for the comment. smile.gif