i want to get a new amp...

xredsectorx

hey!! i've got a delta 40 watt already, but i need another one so when friends come over to jam, we can. i'm thinking of one with 2 inputs so i don't have to worry about lugging 2 amps around all the time. i don;t need one with all the fancy stuff built into it as i have an effects pedal. any suggestions of brands?? or a certain amp?? prices are also helpful. i play alot of rock and alot of rush stuff. thanks! Edited by guitarman_2112

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jul 31 2006, 01:45 PM)
Never plug two guitars into one amp.

There are amps that are designed to work with two inputs. I've used my fathers old silvertone, a Fender twin, and a Marshall 4140 with a guitar in each channel with no problems. However, I would think two amps are going to work better for your situation. The separate channels are often voiced differently and the result with one guitar in each input will be mush.

Using two inputs does not mean using two guitars. Many Fender amps have two channel amps that have two inputs per, one low impedence and one high impedence. That doesn't mean you plug two guitars in, just because you can. Generally the first channel has fewer features than the second (tremolo, EQ etc.). Will it work to have two guitars plugged in? Yes. Will it sound good? No. With sophisticated routing you can utilize both channels of such amps with one guitar and get the full capability of the amp.