The Bruins

Der Trommler

This is fo all Bruins fans....I'll be posting here in the months to come as new information comes up...I also wnat to see who we have here that are Bruins fans!

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 23 2006, 11:22 PM)
count me in....the Bruins are still screwing around with coaching decisions...they're interviewing candidates, but have not yet fired Sullivan, how in hell does this make sense?

Sullivan wasn't ready like Steve Casper wasn't ready. We need a strong coach but Sully doesn't deserve this...they should get rid of Sully prior to looking...bad business sad.gif

Ok, I'm going to use this post as my

3,000th!

laugh.gif found it! hahaha what do i get as a prize for finding your 3,000th post?? Candy?? Is it Candy??? laugh.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 23 2006, 11:50 PM)
laugh.gif found it! hahaha what do i get as a prize for finding your 3,000th post?? Candy?? Is it Candy??? laugh.gif

We don't have candy sad.gif

Are you going to post in here too when the B's come up again?

isn't the prize in this thread hockey pucks?

can't believ how badly the Bruins made out last year with the trades and what not, and now looks like they are trying to finish in last place.....may as well get the team from Slapshot in here, it would be more entertaining unfortunatly......

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 23 2006, 11:52 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 23 2006, 11:50 PM)
laugh.gif found it! hahaha what do i get as a prize for finding your 3,000th post??  Candy??  Is it Candy??? laugh.gif

We don't have candy sad.gif

Are you going to post in here too when the B's come up again?

yeah if I have anything intelligent to say... sad.gif

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 24 2006, 12:00 AM)
isn't the prize in this thread hockey pucks?

can't believ how badly the Bruins made out last year with the trades and what not, and now looks like they are trying to finish in last place.....may as well get the team from Slapshot in here, it would be more entertaining unfortunatly......

should be hockey pucks....

They were close but I think Mike O'Connell thought he was making great trades & making the team better. In some ways, he did but he also watered the team down...Too many players on this team now...I'd like to have 2 goalies (2 starting is ok because you can alternate enough) & 18 players with 5 reserves....The reserves should be promising players or bubble players. That would make the most sense to me...What the hell are they going to do with the line up they have now?

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 24 2006, 12:29 AM)
ummm finish in last place and hope for a great player with the number one pick?

Well, they weren't dead last....They got a 5th but look at what they gave up....two first rounders (Thornton & Samsonov) & they got Sturm. While I think Sturm will fit nicely here due to his agressive behavoir when he scores a goal, I would have rathered giving up only one of the above two. We lost out on quite a bit. Not only that but we have a huge problem with the 3 goalies.....I'd keep Toivenen & Thomas....Razor can be dealt somewhere else.

totally agree with you on getting rid of Raycroft, I think his days in Boston are done. Which is kind of weird as after his rookie year I figured he might be ready to start establishing himself as one of the next great goalies.....oh well, shows what I know wink.gif

The only player on this team now that I am excited about watching is Bergeron, and if the fronyt office doesn't make some serious changes, his formative years are going to be spent toiling in obscurity, getting the snot knocked out of him......

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 24 2006, 01:22 AM)
totally agree with you on getting rid of Raycroft, I think his days in Boston are done. Which is kind of weird as after his rookie year I figured he might be ready to start establishing himself as one of the next great goalies.....oh well, shows what I know wink.gif

The only player on this team now that I am excited about watching is Bergeron, and if the fronyt office doesn't make some serious changes, his formative years are going to be spent toiling in obscurity, getting the snot knocked out of him......

2 words for Razor-Blaine Lacher

Bergeron is doing the one thing that Joe tried to do but ended up in too many fights. Bergeron or Sturm should be made captain. Why? Because both have a will to get something done. I honestly said that the B's should've shed themselves of all their aging players. Here is the list of players & who I'd rid: (highlighted)

41 Andrew Alberts D 6'4'' 215 Minneapolis, Minnesota

11 P.J. Axelsson LW 6'1'' 184 Kungalv, Sweden

37 Patrice Bergeron C 6'1'' 190 Ancienne-Lorette, Quebec

26 Brad Boyes C 6'1'' 195 Mississauga, Ontario

44 Nick Boynton D 6'2'' 212 Etobicoke, Ontario

29 Mariusz Czerkawski RW 6'0'' 200 Radomsko, Poland

12 Tom Fitzgerald RW 6'0'' 190 Billerica, Mass.

25 Hal Gill D 6'7'' 255 Concord, Massachusetts

39 Travis Green C 6'2'' 200 Castlegar, British Columbia

21 Brad Isbister LW 6'4'' 231 Edmonton, Alberta

68 Milan Jurcina D 6'4'' 235 Liptovsky Mikulas, Slovakia

28 Dan LaCouture LW 6'3'' 220 Natick, Massachusetts

23 Josh Langfeld RW 6'3'' 215 Fridley, MN

83 Pat Leahy LW 6'3'' 210 Duxbury, Massachusetts

22 Brian Leetch D 6'1'' 190 Corpus Christi, Texas

17 Shawn McEachern LW 5'11'' 200 Waltham, Massachusetts

18 Ian Moran D 6'0'' 200 Cleveland, Ohio

27 Glen Murray RW 6'3'' 225 Halifax, Nova Scotia

20 Wayne Primeau C 6'4'' 230 Scarborough, Ontario

36 Marty Reasoner C 6'1'' 200 Honeoye Falls, NY

71 Jiri Slegr D 6'1'' 210 Jihlava, Czech Republic

43 Yan Stastny C 5'11'' 175 Quebec City, Quebec

6 Brad Stuart D 6'2'' 215 Rocky Mountain House, Alberta

45 Mark Stuart D 6'1'' 209 Rochester, Minnesota

16 Marco Sturm LW 6'0'' 195 Dingolfing, Germany

55 David Tanabe D 6'1'' 212 White Bear Lake, Minnesota

10 Alex Zhamnov C 6'1'' 201 Moscow, Russia

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 24 2006, 02:12 AM)
even though Bergeron is the future of this franchise (if they have one other than horrible decisions and play) I think Axlesson should get the C. In total agreement on those who need to go, dead weight that just need to go anywhere but here.....

yes.gif Axelsson is also a good pick. He is someone the B's made good on by signing him!

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 24 2006, 01:30 AM)
totally agree with you on getting rid of Raycroft, I think his days in Boston are done.  Which is kind of weird as after his rookie year I figured he might be ready to start establishing himself as one of the next great goalies.....oh well, shows what I know  wink.gif

Bergeron is doing the one thing that Joe tried to do but ended up in too many fights. Bergeron or Sturm should be made captain. Why? Because both have a will to get something done. I honestly said that the B's should've shed themselves of all their aging players. Here is the list of players & who I'd rid: (highlighted)

LOL you've scratched all the local boys from the roster! laugh.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 24 2006, 04:14 AM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 24 2006, 01:30 AM)
totally agree with you on getting rid of Raycroft, I think his days in Boston are done.  Which is kind of weird as after his rookie year I figured he might be ready to start establishing himself as one of the next great goalies.....oh well, shows what I know  wink.gif

LOL you've scratched all the local boys from the roster! laugh.gif

Sometimes, the local boys get too cozy in the comforts of home & play horrible!

Leafs give up Rask for Raycroft; select Tlusty with 13th overall draft pick

VANCOUVER (CP) - The Toronto Maple Leafs had to give up a netminder to shore up their goaltending situation.

General manager John Ferguson dealt the rights to Finnish prospect Tuukka Rask to the Boston Bruins in exchange for goaltender Andrew Raycroft during the NHL entry draft Saturday.

Ferguson said it was tough to give up a top prospect like Rask, but Raycroft can help the team now.

"He's already proven himself to be a No. 1," said Ferguson. "He's a former rookie of the year at that position and it really fits in well with our group and what we're trying to do going forward."

The Leafs have an option on veteran goalie Ed Belfour and will likely choose to buy him out for $1.5 million US rather than pay him $4.5 million to play. Jean-Sebastien Aubin and Mikael Tellqvist are under contract and will battle for the backup role.

Raycroft, 26, from Belleville, Ont., won the Calder Trophy in 2004 when he went 29-18-9 with a goals-against average of 2.05. He dropped down the Bruins' depth chart behind Hannu Toivonen and Tim Thomas last season when he posted a 8-19-2 record and a 3.71 GAA.

The Leafs selected Rask with the 21st pick last year and he was named the best goaltender at this year's world junior hockey championship. The Leafs already have a blue-chip prospect in Justin Pogge of the Calgary Hitmen, who was named the WHL's MVP and top goaltender last season.

"We paid a good price, but we understood we had to move something of value to get this type of player," said Ferguson. "We've done that and we're excited to have (Raycroft) in the fold."

Raycroft signed a $1.35-million qualifying offer from the Bruins but Ferguson will try to get his signature on a long-term contract.

"We don't anticipate any hurdles getting him done for the right number and whatever the right term is," Ferguson said.

Earlier, the Leafs selected forward Jiri Tlusty with the 13th overall pick. The 18-year-old from the Czech Republic is a six-foot, 196-pounder who was rated third among European skaters by NHL Central Scouting.

"It's one of the best organizations and I'd love to play for the Maple Leafs," Tlusty said through interpreter Peter Ihnacak, a former Leaf who's now one of the team's European scouts.

Tlusty is planning to attend the Leafs' prospect camp in a couple weeks. He was the captain of the Czech Republic's under-18 team. He has excellent speed with soft hands and a hard shot.

Tlusty had seven goals and three assists for 10 points in 44 games with Kladno last season. Tlusty said he has the opportunity to be a top forward with the Czech League club next season, but added he will sit down with the Leafs' brass soon to discuss his future plans.

With its second pick, 44th overall, the Leafs took Russian right-winger Nikolai Kulemin, a good skater who was solid at the world junior tournament last winter.

Toronto also drafted six-foot-two Red Deer Rebels goaltender James Reimer in the 99th spot. International Scouting Services had Reimer ranked 189th.

With another fourth-round chance, 111th overall, the Leafs selected six-foot-three German skater Korb Holzer.

Ferguson's next order of business is firming up the Bryan McCabe situation.

The 31-year-old defenceman agreed to a five-year contract with the Maple Leafs a few weeks ago but the deal stalled because of personal reasons. Ferguson needs an answer soon since he may have to turn to Plan B with a number of high-profile unrestricted free agents on the market July 1.

"We continue to discuss things and the communication levels are really positive and open," Ferguson said. "But the fact remains, the deal's not done

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 25 2006, 01:39 AM)
Leafs give up Rask for Raycroft; select Tlusty with 13th overall draft pick

VANCOUVER (CP) - The Toronto Maple Leafs had to give up a netminder to shore up their goaltending situation.

General manager John Ferguson dealt the rights to Finnish prospect Tuukka Rask to the Boston Bruins in exchange for goaltender Andrew Raycroft during the NHL entry draft Saturday.

Ferguson said it was tough to give up a top prospect like Rask, but Raycroft can help the team now.

"He's already proven himself to be a No. 1," said Ferguson. "He's a former rookie of the year at that position and it really fits in well with our group and what we're trying to do going forward."

The Leafs have an option on veteran goalie Ed Belfour and will likely choose to buy him out for $1.5 million US rather than pay him $4.5 million to play. Jean-Sebastien Aubin and Mikael Tellqvist are under contract and will battle for the backup role.

Raycroft, 26, from Belleville, Ont., won the Calder Trophy in 2004 when he went 29-18-9 with a goals-against average of 2.05. He dropped down the Bruins' depth chart behind Hannu Toivonen and Tim Thomas last season when he posted a 8-19-2 record and a 3.71 GAA.

The Leafs selected Rask with the 21st pick last year and he was named the best goaltender at this year's world junior hockey championship. The Leafs already have a blue-chip prospect in Justin Pogge of the Calgary Hitmen, who was named the WHL's MVP and top goaltender last season.

"We paid a good price, but we understood we had to move something of value to get this type of player," said Ferguson. "We've done that and we're excited to have (Raycroft) in the fold."

Raycroft signed a $1.35-million qualifying offer from the Bruins but Ferguson will try to get his signature on a long-term contract.

"We don't anticipate any hurdles getting him done for the right number and whatever the right term is," Ferguson said.

Earlier, the Leafs selected forward Jiri Tlusty with the 13th overall pick. The 18-year-old from the Czech Republic is a six-foot, 196-pounder who was rated third among European skaters by NHL Central Scouting.

"It's one of the best organizations and I'd love to play for the Maple Leafs," Tlusty said through interpreter Peter Ihnacak, a former Leaf who's now one of the team's European scouts.

Tlusty is planning to attend the Leafs' prospect camp in a couple weeks. He was the captain of the Czech Republic's under-18 team. He has excellent speed with soft hands and a hard shot.

Tlusty had seven goals and three assists for 10 points in 44 games with Kladno last season. Tlusty said he has the opportunity to be a top forward with the Czech League club next season, but added he will sit down with the Leafs' brass soon to discuss his future plans.

With its second pick, 44th overall, the Leafs took Russian right-winger Nikolai Kulemin, a good skater who was solid at the world junior tournament last winter.

Toronto also drafted six-foot-two Red Deer Rebels goaltender James Reimer in the 99th spot. International Scouting Services had Reimer ranked 189th.

With another fourth-round chance, 111th overall, the Leafs selected six-foot-three German skater Korb Holzer.

Ferguson's next order of business is firming up the Bryan McCabe situation.

The 31-year-old defenceman agreed to a five-year contract with the Maple Leafs a few weeks ago but the deal stalled because of personal reasons. Ferguson needs an answer soon since he may have to turn to Plan B with a number of high-profile unrestricted free agents on the market July 1.

"We continue to discuss things and the communication levels are really positive and open," Ferguson said. "But the fact remains, the deal's not done

This makes sense for the Bruins...although, it seems like they had NO confidence in Razor what so ever....They gave him up for unproven talent!

BUT, it leaves the door open & this kid will more than likely play in the 'A'

for awhile & that will give the B's some more hope. So they will have 4 goalies vying for the jobs. Thomas & Toivenen will probably get the jobs leaving Sigalet & Rask in the minors....B's need to shore up on defense & goalies! They are trying to do that....

I kind of like this trade.....

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 25 2006, 02:17 AM)
I just don't like trading a player for someone of the same position, especially someone unproven....also don't like the idea of trading him within the division, where it could come back to bite th B's on the posterior

Oh, it will bite the B's on the butt....I know this. That's why the coach of the Leafs will play Razor everytime against the B's....I would've liked a defenseman or a defensive player in return. But, I really don't like most of the Leafs players (as in actual good playing...sorry Test).

I would've liked trading with the Hurricanes or the Oilers (the players are more than likely going to be traded anyway so, get to be first on the Fire Sale!)

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 25 2006, 08:52 PM)
So what do u guys think about the B's trading Raycroft to the Leafs?

http://www.mapleleafs.com/news/news.asp?story_id=2071

Um, I'm glad we got rid of him but I'd rather him on the west coast! rofl3.gif

Reason? He will play against the B's everytime & more than likely will have a B in his bonnet. He will more than likely own the B's....

Plus, we only got Rask. He's unproven & like Razor or Blaine Lacher may go south quickly.